Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FOR SALE (MT) - Savage Model 99 plus parts inventory - Barrel & stock photos

I assembled the fixings to create my side lever safety Savage 99 in 308 Winchester. I also acquired a parts inventory to keep the rifle functioning for generations. The 99 was intended to solve a specific problem. I have solved the problem differently, so I no longer need to create the 99.

The complete 99F action is in excellent condition. Because I am uncertain my spare rotary magazine assembly with brass rotor is satisfactory for 308-length cartridges, I acquired a second complete rotary magazine that has an aluminum rotor. This, for sure, has satisfactory length.
Parts for which I have no graphics - my flatbed scanner cannot do the job because of length of parts - are 99F 308 barrel and buttstock-foreend group. I think the wood came from a 99E.

The barrel shows bluing wear. Lands and grooves appear to be in excellent condition. I know the barrel has been fired, but I see no sign of this fact.

Pistol grip buttstock and foreend have impressed checkering. Buttstock has a solid plastic butt plate affixed. My parts supply includes a metal butt plate. Buttstock has a slight hairline crack - the standard 99 crack - where 99's tang meets inletting. This crack DOES NOT extend top-to-bottom. It appears to have merely begun to form. I am nearly certain it can be repaired successfully. The foreend has no issues.

Photos of stock and barrel in subsequent reply.
While I will want some money included in a transaction, I have many items for which I am interested to include as part of the transaction.

Scopes in alphabetical order, not order of preference
- Burris Euro Diamond 1X-4X-24mm
- Leupold VX-7 1.5-6x24
- Niikon Monarch African 1.1-4x24
- Weaver Dangerous Game 1-5x24

Reproduction Sheepskin or winter flight jackets - size 40
- ANJ-4 (Aero/Eastman/Lost Worlds/Real McCoy)
- B-2

- Saeco #454 mold (300-grain SWCGC)

- Smokeless powder and primers
- Black powder and caps

- Morseth sheath knives

Two views of same parts group.

Rotary magazine assembly with aluminum rotor.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,136 Posts
To comply with board policy, you will have to put an asking price on all items, or a bulk price for all.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
To comply with board policy, you will have to put an asking price on all items, or a bulk price for all.
Oops. Cash price is $825.00 plus actual shipping cost.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
to the top

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are barrel and stock photos.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,

I know this post is a few months old, but do you still have the stock for the Gun? Asking price? Thanks.Ted
Ted:

Thanks for asking about the 99 parts. The entire kit-'n-kaboodle has been tentatively sold, payment to be completed by January 22, 2011. Were there to be some sort of major glitch, I'll let you know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts