Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ken Waters states that all you need to form 25 Rem brass from 30 Rem brass is to run it through the 25 full length sizing dies. I have Redding dies and running it through the full length sizer doesn't push the shoulder back far enough to chamber.

I tried not putting it in the shell holder to push it into the die farther and all I do is end up crushing the neck.

Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike , I had the decapping pin out. I also though I might get some imperial sizing wax , I've heard alot good stuff about it. I think that might be why I start crushing , the brass neck stops sliding in the die. Overall length is fine.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well a night's sleep helps clear the brain. I forgot I had a set of 6.8 SPC dies that a guy from work bought because he wanted to do some reloading for him. Well they have never been used since he never gave me any components.

They worked great. Sized down the neck to 6.8 and set the shoulder back a little to soak up the extra brass. Then sized with the 25 Rem die and trimmed. Just got done fire forming the shoulder back out. Now I have some nice looking brass.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.