Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I've had a set of Forester 25-06 dies for 15 years they do a great job.
Jim

·
Registered
213 Posts
For my .270, I use their FL sizer and micrometer seater dies. Thumbs up, all around. :cool:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Forster makes great dies.

I have the 257 Roberts Ackley Improved benchrest set and the .223 Remington Ultra Seater die.

The best groups of my life have all been shot with ammo I assembled on Forster dies.

The proof is with a concentricity gauge. Any old handloads will get .008" runout. Then get rid of the expander ball, and it is down to .004".
To get it down to .001", the Forster sliding sleeve die or a Wilson type seater die must be used. The Bonanza / Forster patent just expired, and Redding, RCBS, and Hornady are starting to make sliding sleeve type dies.

But Forster is still the cheapest, and it works great.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Forster dies are, in my opinion, top of the heap, have only one set-"benchrest " in 22-250. They are great, especially the strait line seating die. If the cartriges are to be fired again in the same rifle, I size with a Lee collet sizer, but ALWAYS use the Forster strait line seater die. When I FL size, I'm always amazed just how little force it takes to resize in the Forster die- must be polished really well!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts