Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
863 Posts
"If both of these presses were the same price which would you get?"

In that case, I'd get the Forster.

But, since they are NOT the same price, I'd get the Lee Classic Cast. The small potential we MIGHT gain from the Forster isn't worth the vast price difference. AND the ergonomics of the Lee are actually better, IMHO.

The quality of the ammo made by anyone is mostly determined by the skill of the user, not the press. The Lee CC is easily the superior press in its class.

·
Banned
863 Posts
"I wonder who invented the dies used during WWI, WWII, Korea, etc."

I think someone read what was written and put a whole lot more into it than was said. Lee never claimed to have "invented" loading dies nor crimpers, nor was that what Darker said. Lee did patent some excellant innovations and that's all the man meant.

Seems the less general experience with different models of different brands of tools many have, the more certain they are that all things Lee should be avoided. Other makers love that attitude, helps them sell overpriced equipment. Lee couldn't care less, they already have a huge chunk of the market.

·
Banned
863 Posts
"I like to buy a tool once. I want the tool to work every time I go out to use it."

Since the issue appears to be Lee (again) I have to ask; what reloading tool and brand have you had that wasn't ready to use when you went out? And perhaps, why wasn't it ready to use - had it crumbled in storage, frozen in place, melted, etc.?

·
Banned
863 Posts
"RCBS , Forster and others just feal and look better , stronger ect. Lee will do the job, but you wonder if it will break."

I assume you speak without having ever laid hands on an all steel Lee Classic Cast or the Classic Turret press?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.