Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 94AE in .44 I bought a few months back kinda grew on me I guess and I found another one that caught my fancy. This one is some limited production gun produced for the "Sportsman for Conservation" organization, best I can figure (30-30). I thought it was a good looking piece with enough small dings to allow for using it without worrying too much. I finally got up to the gun shop to pick it up today. I'd found a NOS 1 piece Redfield base for it on Ebay and it was delivered a few days back. I decided to go with my last set of Millet engraved rings holding a glossy Leupild 1-4x20 with #4 reticle. While I know a lot of folks abhor a scope on a handy lever gun, I need one anymore for my old eyes. I think it came together pretty well!

thumbnail-169.jpeg thumbnail-167.jpeg thumbnail-168.jpeg

·
Registered
433 Posts
Heck yea..nice rig. . I've wanted a 1894cb in 44 for my daughter for years but never found one I could stand the price of

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The prices of lever guns has gone flat crazy the last year. Marlin prices are through the roof, for most anything and Winchesters have followed suit. Funny thing, this rifle was about the least expensive M94 I saw over the course of a couple weeks. Now, as long as she shoots well.....

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Nice get , it will be interesting to see if it shoots better than the plain ones.

·
Registered
614 Posts
A very pretty rifle! My M94AE is a very plain synthetic-stocked Trapper in .45 LC. It shoots okay and while I mounted a reflex sight for awhile, I just didn’t like it’s looks and cheek weld so it’s irons for these old eyes. Out to ~50 yards I works great. I have no problem with someone using a scope, whatever works best for you.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Nice find. Last 94AE I looked at had a price tag that hurt my eyes looking at it.

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
While I know a lot of folks abhor a scope on a handy lever gun, I need one anymore for my old eyes. I think it came together pretty well!
I think the people that abhor scopes the most are usually under 40 ;)

If you can't see the sights, you can't shoot the deer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That rifle is BEAUTIFUL! The only thing wrong with it is - it's not MINE! :cry:

Congrats on snagging that gorgeous rifle. I love Win 94's but none of mine look as good as that one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts