Shooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Piney Woods Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lucked up on a pair of Franchi model 48AL's in 20 ga. one in 2 3/4 in and the other in 3 inch magnum. I bought both of them. My uncle had one and let me quail hunt with it. I had always wanted one and now my dream has been answered.

Registered
Great guns! Years ago I had a 12ga model 48AL with buck barrel. That thing kicked with slugs!

I now have a 20ga 48AL Deluxe with 26" barrel. Very nice to carry at about 5.5 pounds 馃憤

Reactions: jodum

Registered
If I was still able to chase grouse in the mountains I would be carrying a Franchi 48 in 20 gauge. And for wild quail, unless a good SxS, a 28 gauge version. The 12s for ducks recoiled pretty stiff. A friend had a Magnum with the steel receiver and it was tolerable and extremely reliable. I much preferred it to the old hump backed Auto 5.

Registered
I have one in 12ga I bought new in 1969. Very lite and easy to carry. Has never jammed once. I would love to find a twenty gage.

Premium Member
Neat little guns. I have a 20 ga. marked Colt.

Registered
I had a 12 Ga. in the 1960's that was imported (and so marked) by Universal Firearms as their 'Auto Wing' model. Loved 'Browning A5/Remington 11' double shuffle recoil operation. A friend picked up one a few years ago in 28 Ga., would have loved to have had that one back when I hunted quail and woodcock....super light!:)

Registered
Wonderful shotguns. I鈥檝e had mine, a 20 gauge, since 97.
There was a 28 gauge right next to mine at the gun shop when I bought it. It was $545 dollars.
Often wished I had bought it too.
I hadn鈥檛 carried mine for years and my brother-in-law invited me and a couple of my boys to go with him to central Kansas bird hunting right after Christmas.
I took him up on the offer and dug the Franchi out of the safe. I carried it for four days straight and barely noticed it was there鈥︹.such a dream to carry and a handsome gun to boot.
Congrats on your purchase.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts