Shooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now since when is speaking about the fact that serveral groups out there such as PETA and the HUMAN SOCIETY want to take away our hunting rights so POLITICAL?????

Yes, I know Marshal owns this sight........Right! However, I don't wish to be apart of something I can NOT speak my mind about, especially when the owner breaks his very own rules........DOUBLE STANDARD. What is good for the goose is good for the gander!!!

I as a Veteran and Pro-Gun American, I am one who wishes not to relinquish his 2nd amendment rights or hunting rights period and vow to fight to the end those that want to take away my rights. I will NOT STICK MY HEAD IN THE SAND SIR. Now perhaps this is not important to you or Marshal but sure as I like my eggs, sauage and pancakes hot on the plate in the morning, is very important to me. I was NOT speaking of any Politics nor favoritism of any party candidate or issue with this passed election or any other. So in closing you can now LOCK this Blessed Thread TOO!!!:rolleyes::p:p:p
Regards...TONK

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Your original thread was about a proposition related to dog breeding. The site owner did not lock your thread so I don't get why you are upset at him. Threads get locked - no big deal. There was a fair amount of political discussion that related to the election yesterday and the NRA - but again its no big deal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
uuh, hunting rights are granted by the state. What does this post have to do with the 1st & 2nd amens?
Sorry that you are all in a tizzy 2Bits, but please post something cogent.

I thank you for your sevice.

·
Registered
13,290 Posts
Tonk,

Thank you for risking life and limb that we might enjoy the freedoms of which you speak.

However, your 1st Amendment right was not quashed. You spoke freely, and your post continues to be available for others to read. You were not censured; the post was not deleted and you were not banned from the forum. Try to keep in mind that one individual's liberty ends when it infringes on the freedoms of someone else. In this case, the person shelling out real cash money to make this site a reality, has chosen to limit the discussions to shooting, hunting, reloading, guns, etc...topics which all of us hold near and dear. It is not within your rights to supercede Marshall's wishes, that you might grind your personal ax.

Surely you can appreciate the virtues of this forum, while fighting the good fight against the HSUS, PETA and anti-hunters, elsewhere. Check out a few other gun forums and see how quickly many of their threads devolve into political shouting matches. I applaud Marshall and the good moderators on this forum for keeping things civil and on-point.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
2Bits; Cool down dude! The one good thing about this sight is that they limit political discussion, and promote firearms related discussion. Thats why I come and stay here. If I need to vent on political issues, there are other forums I can go to. I have had threads shut down....on shooting related topics, but, thats ok. If a moderator feels that the thread has gone on long enough, and all the info that could be had has been talked about, it will save bandwidth for other discussions.....thats a good thing! So, stick around and enjoy the forum!!! I am also a vet, and would like to thank you for your service!!!

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,745 Posts
I'm sorry. It was a difficult call on that thread as those with hunting dogs feel as passionately about it as you do.

But we have to draw the line somewhere, and that was mostly a dog-breeding issue that was not specific to hunting. Note that we ran out of bandwidth last month and that is money out of the owner's pocket.

Several of us agreed that it was not really correct for this site. Feel free to escalate the issue to Marshall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.