Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

I have a cva Hawkens 50 cal from the 1980's I have lost the front blade sight, does anybody know where I can find a replacement ? Thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
It's going to be metric size and if you measure the dovetail, you could probably search around the sites that carry imported guns to find one that will fit. Come to think of it, if you measure the d/t at the widest point with a pair of calipers, I may have a new/used one that will fit. Best bet is to just email me with size you need.
Mark
[email protected]

·
Registered
67 Posts
Front site replacement

Hey everybody,

I have a cva Hawkens 50 cal from the 1980's I have lost the front blade sight, does anybody know where I can find a replacement ? Thanks for your help
This is straight off the CVA webpage.

1. Do you still make, carry or repair Side Lock model muzzleloaders like the Hawken/Kentucky/Mountain or Bobcat?

Answer: We Discontinued Side lock muzzleloaders both Pistols and Rifles in 2004 due to lack of demand. We will still continue to offer Mainsprings, Sears, Wedges and Bolsters screws thru the year 2010. Most all other parts have been sold to Deer Creek Products, a service center that is located in Indiana. Deer Creek Products can be reached at 765-525-6181.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Call CVA and tell them about it. While they do not make the rifles anymore they do have a pretty good supply of parts or could tell you where you get it. Another option is to go to a Wal Mart and get a cheap set of fiber optic sights. I bought some and installed them on a CVA Mountain Stalker and they work perfect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
front sight help

you guys are awsome, thanks so very much for the help. ive had the the gun since the 80's I just now got around to putting it together and the front sight is long gone. I will keep you all posted on my first attempt on how it shoots.

Thanks again,

Dave

·
Registered
550 Posts
if you still have to stain the stock, i highly recommend birchwood casey rusty walnut! Beautiful stain.

No oil stains! they wont soak into the beech wood.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts