Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to neck size the brass for use in a breach loading fire arm. In my case a T/C Encore. I've been hearing you have to full length resize every time. What do you guys do for yours?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
For Me Itz.......

......."full length" resize in my Encore Pro Hunter.

However I control the bump back so that the 7mm mag round head spaces on the belt AND the shoulder.

I have allowed the brass to grow somewhat and do not believe in taking the resize operation to the extreme. I continously check my resized brass so that they will slip into the chamber and the final lockup(closing)is not a high pitched "click" but more of a "thud". This tells me that the case shoulder has been gently jammed into the front of the chamber.

Could I neck size only ?? Don't see any reason why not, but am satisfied with my method of resizeing so will not change. I find that this system makes for so highly accurate reloads. -----pruhdlr

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
I neck-size in my Ruger #1 in 25-06. The only time I full-length size is after annealing. They work just fine.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
For my .45-90 Winchester 1885, I generally just neck size. I initially full-length sized the brass, but I've been just neck sizing since then (with a separate taper crimp operation). As long as they slip into your chamber without any notable effort, you're ok neck sizing.

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
I have 4 Contender barrels and 3 H&R barrels...I neck size unless more is indicated. Take your fired case, before any resizing, and see if it will chamber cleanly and easily. If so, no need to FL size, imho.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts