Shooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The full moon and thunderstorm. The night of Aug 11 a guest took a time lapse with an I-phone from a hot tub. Lightning in the thunder cloud showed orange and yellow but the full moon made the clouds look silver.
The picture was taken at 10:30 pm to the North West.
On the clearest of days, the mountain on the farthest of horizons is 143 miles away.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
The full moon and thunderstorm. The night of Aug 11 a guest took a time lapse with an I-phone from a hot tub. Lightning in the thunder cloud showed orange and yellow but the full moon made the clouds look silver.
The picture was taken at 10:30 pm to the North West.
On the clearest of days, the mountain on the farthest of horizons is 143 miles away.
Is that the lights of the town of Oakley in the right background?

·
Premium Member
17,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oakley is mostly hidden by a hill to the right. The lines of bright white are dairies, the red lights on the horizon are wind turbines 19 miles away.
This view is limited by smoke. A tower light at 43 miles is not visible in the pic. I can watch fireworks from seven small towns on July 4th. ;)

Reactions: crooked creek

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Oakley is mostly hidden by a hill to the right. The lines of bright white are dairies, the red lights on the horizon are wind turbines 19 miles away.
This view is limited by smoke. A tower light at 43 miles is not visible in the pic. I can watch fireworks from seven small towns on July 4th. ;)
Thanks Jack, neat! For those that don't know, clicking on your thumbnail, and then clicking on the + at the top, zooms in and you can 'pan around' on the enlarged format. That provides much more detail and you can see the many red lights of the wind turbines, that aren't evident without zooming.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts