Shooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What full size .22 revolvers are available other than the S&W 17 Classic, 619, and Freedom Arms?

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,467 Posts
Taurus used to make a full size, very similar to the model 17;

I believe it was called the model 96.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I believe USFirearms makes clones of the 1873 Colt SSA in .22. I believe there are a couple more of the '73 clones, too. EMF comes to mind.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,720 Posts
Single action? Bisley Single-sixes are floating around, difficult to find but a full-sized grip frame. Accurate too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Korth also made an expensive full size DA revolver. Don't remember if Cimarron does but EMF does have the Stallion 10 shot 1873 model and an engraved Dakota model. I'm always on the look out for a Dan Wesson pistol pak.

CD

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
i had a Dan Wesson i bought new back in '80 and like an idiot i traded on down the line at one point. i would take another one in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
The Single Six is an option, same gripframe as the Blackhawks.

There is an SP101 in .22LR, but its not a target gun although it does have an adjustable rear sight.

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,467 Posts
Hey! I have one of those!
It was avery accruate gun, but my empty cases would not extract at times. :mad:
Back to Taurus 2x for the problem, two new extractors, but still it occurred...
Eventually I sold it, and just got another Smith 17.:D

·
Registered
128 Posts
:)

Here's one that I like to shoot;)

Ruger single six 22LR/MAG. I could shoot shorts, longs, LR'S and change the cylinder and shoot magnums. The barrel on this one is 4 5/8's. I'm going to buy another but the barrel will be 6.5"S.;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
FULL SIZE 22 REVOLVER

My preference 6 1/2" Single six with LR and Mag cylinders. Other than in the field I use it at a social pistol club where we shot reduced size steel at 20Yds LR in various times and positions, six shot strings. Any revolver or semi auto allowed. The single six is quite competitive .THere is always a number of them at the shoot.If my pistol shooting is going off in other regular competitive disciplines I use the Single six is a training tool to get me focused on trigger let off and control. Off a rest I found CCI standard velocity the best performer of the commonly available mid price range fodder.

Matched with a Ruger 92/22 rifle in 22Mag this is a handy small game combination. In the field I have found 22Mag 40g in true soft point(without the hollow point) gives deeper penetration and controlled expansion on larger size small game when using the 96/22.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Full Size 22 Revolver

My preference 6 1/2" Single six with LR and Mag cylinders. Other than in the field I use it at a social pistol club where we shoot reduced size steel at 20Yds LR in various times and positions, six shot strings. Any revolver or semi auto allowed. The single six is quite competitive .THere is always a number of them at the shoot.If my pistol shooting is going off in other regular competitive disciplines I use the Single six as a training tool to get me focused on trigger let off and control. Off a rest I found CCI standard velocity the best performer of the commonly available mid price range fodder.

Matched with a Ruger 92/22 rifle in 22Mag this is a handy small game combination. In the field I have found 22Mag 40g in true soft point(without the hollow point) gives deeper penetration and controlled expansion on larger size small game when using the 96/22.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've got a us firearms 12/22. It's a full size saa. It shoots really good and it's not too heavy. They have a lifetime warranty and I've never shot a usfa that didn't shoot right on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts