Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have some experience with this ammunition they would like to share? I am thinking about some of the 180 grainers.

Thanks,

Roger

·
Registered
302 Posts
Cant vouch for the 300 win mag but they work great in my 270 wsm in 150 grain. Decent accuracy out of my gun (just under 1" at 100 yards) and they expand well and penetrate deep on whitetails.

·
Banned
3,948 Posts
Sorry, I cannot tell you a thing about those new Fusion Bullets! I can tell you about Nosler Partitions, Trophy Bonded Bear Claws, Swift A Frames, which all do an excellent job by the way. I can also tell you about the many years I wrestled with Barnes bullets trying to get them to shoot out of my various hunting rifles or NOT open up as a bullet should.

I suppose if you really want to know the effects of those Fusion bullets, your going to have to purchase a couple of boxes and do your very own testing to see how they shoot, open up and penetrate your target media. :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Fusion Ammo

I have used various weighted Fusion ammo in four different calibers and have found it to be very accurate and dependable with excellent penetration and expansion. The largest game I used it on was a 400 lb+ Russian Boar in Tenn. Have also used it on Whitetail, goat, and rams. Can't comment on how accurate it is other than to say it sighted in @sub 2" and it was accurate enough for hunting at 200-300 yds. All the kills were one shot and I certainly am not a great shot. Hope this helps. Oh yes, the ammo is fairly inexpensive compared to the Nosler Partitions, Barnes TSX, and other premium ammo.

·
Banned
2,380 Posts
when i,, just to get rid ofem one day..decided to finish out a box of fusion
165 grn.. the accuracy out of my savage ,,made me know id stumbled onto the rnd, the gun liked so well that i was no longer concerned with accuracy results comparisoms at the range..ive seen folk with high end custom rifles move on dn the range stands to where i couldn t see where they were shootin..what they didn t think about was ,i didn t even have a spotter scope.last thing on my mind was how they were shootin.. then id glance over an catch thier spotter scope looking at my results..
why do people always judge themselves by what others can do..
only one i was trying to best was my past performances..
sme people i know could have taken my set up an competed..theres plenty of better eys an steadyer hands out there ,,than mine.
but fusions has been my most accurate rnd. slim
ps hornady btsp is comparable,accuracy wise..but impact results is a little different..apples or oranges,which you like the best.. apples man here. lol

·
Registered
620 Posts
I load all my own ammo with Hornady, Noslers, and Sierra's.

My brother on the other hand shoots a 7mm Mag, and is using some Fusion I bought him a few years back. Last year he shot a small buck (160 lbs) with some 150 gr Fusions. Hit two ribs on the way in, punched a perfect little 1/2" hole right throught the middle of the heart, and lodged in just under the skin on the opposite side, after it went through 2 more ribs. Shot was at about 75 yards. That's pretty good bullet performace to me. I had the bullet afterwards and was always going to weight it, but never did. Guessing I would say it retained 110-120 grains.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts