Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marshall
Do the bullets for the cowboy rifle events require that they be non-gas checked?
Your non gas checked 45 caliber slugs are singing an alluring come hither song to me, if this is the case. I thought a goodly amount of AA5744 behind a plain base slug might just be to right medicine
And because I'm tighter then ol' Dick's hatband is there a price break if I buy a thousand of one type bullet?
While I'm here how does your new bullet lube compare to LBT Blue.
Jim

·
Super Moderator
3,375 Posts
Jim,

About the gas check issue with Cowboy shooting, I'll do some checking... I've heard mixed reveiws on this topic, and I've not done my homework! (sorry)

Concerning volume orders, what you do save on is freight!   You save BIG on freight charges when broken down on a per-box basis.   Jim, since I hand cast all of these bullets, and every aspect of their production is by hand, I really can't discount them.   We already operate at a retail price less than our nearest competitor's machine cast bullets, and our profit margin is already pretty skinny!

Now the lube:  Due to trying to catch up on orders, and the miserable weather we've had here until very recently, I haven't taken loads up into the 3000 fps range yet with this lube.   I have done quite a bit of 2500+ fps testing however, and the pressure control, leading abatement and accuracy are every bit as good as the LBT Blue Commercial that we used for ten years!   This lube is some good stuff!   The reports coming back from customers indicate that the bullets we are kicking out the door today are the best we've ever sold!   Long time customers are calling and emailing saying that they like the lube every bit as much (if not more) than what we've previously used!

We wouldn't have gone back into production with an inferior product, in fact I think we have a great apples for apples replacement for the LBT Blue Commercial on our hands right now!  Up to the 2500+ fps threshold that I've tested it, it gives at least the same performance of the old LBT product!

Hope this helps!  And I'll see what I find on the gas checks and cowboy bullets!

God Bless,

Marshall

·
Beartooth Regular
650 Posts
Arkypete,

Gas checked bullets may only be used in the long range side matches.  The main events must use pistol calibers only and only with plain based bullets.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
47 Posts
To John:

Does that mean you can use any style bullet as long as it is a plain base bullet like the LBT or the Keith style in the main matches? Thanks!

God Bless

Chris

·
Registered
255 Posts
Chris, you might go to www.sassnet.com/ I believe they have a rulebook posted there. There may be some local clubs that bend them a little, but I think SASS rules covers most shoots in general.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts