Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Scotland

I have just decided to order a Lyman 4-Cavity Mold # 429244 255gn swc gc to produce bullets for my .444p, from Midway though my English dealer uk.custom shop, who gets me the best deals, just saved me £10 on 100 .444 cases.
Can you sugest which gas checks would be best ? Hornady, Lyman , etc...........

regards Englander

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Englander

I think all the gas checks are made by the same people and put in boxes with different prices and diffferent labels.
Unless I'm mistaken Hornady makes them all, as all the gas checks out there are the crimp on variety. Hornady is the cheapest on this side of the pond.
What's the process for importing stuff into England. I've got three or four boxes of the 44 crimp on gas checks. I don't use gas checks on any bullets that go thru my 44 Spec.
Do you suppose that if I gifted those gas checks to you and you gifted me an agreed amount of money the governments would get their skivvies in a bunch?
Jim

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Stephan

I found that I have 5 or 6 boxes of the Hornady crimp on gas checks. I'd be pleased to sell you four (4) of them. They are 1,000 per box and the seal from Hornady is unbroken.
Since the shippers and such, may get themselves in a swither over shipping something related to shooting I will refer to these gas checks as 'Enameling Coppers'. Who can argue with art?
Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts