Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's another M77 MkII. Only this one is blued, with the boat paddle stock. The caliber, well, you guys aren't going to believe this. It is a 7x57 ! I'm picking it up probably by the weekend. For $250 I couldnt go wrong. I'm not even going to reload for it. I'm just going to use factory Hornady ammo, and let my Dad hunt with it.

I'll get pics up ASAP. So what do you guys think ?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
If you're looking for another gun, there's a Ruger African (I think) .458 Winchester Magnum at a local store I saw today ;)

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Shane, how much for it ? The Ruger M77's in .458 Win Mag are hard to find.

Matt, the "puny" gun might become my go to gun. As much as I like 7mm-08's, I figured this thing would be great for me.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well also, Im thinking about ordering another new Ruger, but cant make up my mind.

I will make up a poll to see what everyone thinks.

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
I saw a local shop had 375s marked down to $729!

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
It's another M77 MkII. Only this one is blued, with the boat paddle stock. The caliber, well, you guys aren't going to believe this. It is a 7x57 ! I'm picking it up probably by the weekend. For $250 I couldnt go wrong. I'm not even going to reload for it. I'm just going to use factory Hornady ammo, and let my Dad hunt with it.

I'll get pics up ASAP. So what do you guys think ?
I've owned two rifles in 7X57 m/m one was a Ruger M-77 (Old type with tang safety) and a Winchester Post '64 Featherweight model 70 in 7X57 m/m. I couldn't get the Ruger to shoot accurately and even returned it to Ruger for rebarreling but still the accuracy was poor (3" @ 100 yards) with my best handloads and it's bore fouled badly. The Winchester M-70 was accurate. Maybe the newer Rugers are okay though. The 7X57 m/m is a great cartridge!

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Which "puny" gun are you referencing? I thought it had to be a 25/06 to be truly puny! :D

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Tang I like the fact that you love those Rugers ecept for that single Remmington I believe. So which, in your opinion is better, the 700 ot the 77s ?

·
Registered
930 Posts
My brother has a 7X57 Ruger. He now lives in a Shotgun-only area. I should call him and see if he wants to sell his gun to me. I can now truthfully tell him the market value is $250.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good luck with that Jakeway, Tang stole that gun! :D

Its not in the greatest shape. The stock is doing like most of them do, and getting that tan/gray look in places. But the bore is shiney, so i hope it will shoot like the other 3.

jmortimer, I prefer the Ruger's. The only reason I have the Remington is because Ruger don't offer me a heavy barrel rifle in a big enough caliber. But, if I had known about the Hawkeye Tactical in .308 before I got the RUM, I would have went with it.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I'll swing by there and find out for you. I didn't look at it very much. I'll confirm the make/model as well.
I was mistaken. It's a CZ550 Safari in .458 Winchester Magnum. There was a Ruger MkII in .25-06 right beside it in the display and I got the two confused. It's $848, anyway.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts