Shooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are muzzleloaders that difficult to sight in because I am having a hard time getting mine to even group.I have tried pyrodex pellets t7 prllets and t7 powder and cci primers,fueion primers and powerbelt 245 295 dr aerotips along with some hornady low drag 300 gr sabots and nothing seems to be working, could it be the gun its a cva accura supposed to be a good gun

·
Registered
51 Posts
I know how that goes! I must have shot 250 rds with my Triumph and couldn't get a 5 ft group! I tried TC bullets and sabots, 452 bullets 429,bullets every hting I could find. went from 50 to 120 grains of powder, tried T7, reg Pyrodex, real ffg Black, just fought for 2 yrs! And to make it worse my buddy's, just 5 digits different ser# shot first thing he tried !' groups at 100:(
Then last month I bought a 230gr rn mold fro the 45's. Fits in my sabots, and with 90 grains 3 rounds touch each other at 50. I am thrilled!
So there will be a sweet load just keep trying!

·
Registered
558 Posts
you need to listen and just slow down. Take a step back and let the info we're giving you time to settle and sink in.

Your load of Two 50gr T7 pellets is a good load, The 245gr Powerbelts shoot great in our Accura's.

Primers: A primer to hot can cause erratic groups. With T7 you need a cooler primer like the Winchester 777 or Winchester W209.

Bore condition: With T7 you MUST clean you barrel out after each shot.

This was the first time this kid ever shot a muzzle loader and he did it at 100 yards.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Been there done that myself with my Accura. I saw the biggest improvent in accuracy when I went to loose powder, which you have done, kept my powder loads in the 80-90g range. What tied it all together for me was the switch to Winchester 777 Primer. I too was using the CCI primers. Now mine will shoot 1.5" groups @ 100yds from a bench if I do my part.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.