Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like to glass a inline muzzelloader.it has a synthetic stock.i think they call it polypropylene-like material.has anyone have a idea what type of compound to use.brownells states they are not shure on that type of stock?

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TALKING ABOUT MICRO-BED OUT BROWNELLS.TWO TUBES OF MIX?I WAS GOING TO GIVE IT A TRY.SOMETHING ELSE CROSS MY MIND,WAS THINKING ABOUT JB WELD I HAVE USE THIS BEFORE ON FIBERGLASS AND LET ME TELL YOU ONCE IT HARDENS IT STAYS THERE FOR GOOD.ALSO I WAS THINGING  ALSO ON A RELEASE AGENT THAT I READ SO MUCH ABOUT IS COOKING PAM.BROWNELLS RELEASE AGENT IS &#3617.00 A CAN.HAVE YOU EVER TRY THE PAM?.I TOOK THIS INLINE APART TODAY IT IS NOT GOING TO BE THIS EASY TO BED THE BARREL ACTION.THE ONLY PLACE TO BED THE RECEIVER IS THE FRONT LUG [email protected] THE SIDE RAILS OF THE ACTION.THE REAR OF THE STOCK HAS NOTHING TO GRAB ONTO,IT JUST SIT THERE ON A EMPTY CUT-OUT.GOING TO HAVE TO USE SOME CLAY TO HELP THE BEDDING MATERIAL TO STAY PUT.

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THAT ELECTRICAL TAPE SOUNDS REALLY INTERESTING.INSTALL THAT ON THE ACTION BEFORE BEDDING A YOU ARE TROUBLE FREE.NO MATTER HOW MUCH RELEASE AGENT YOU APPLY,OR HOW CAREFULL YOU ARE WHEN  DOING A BED JOB ,SOME HOW YOU ALLWAYS SCRATCH THE BLUEING JOB .

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BC.I WAS LOOKING AT THIS STOCK,HAVE A IDEA HOW DOES THIS SOUND. IN THIS PLASTIC STOCK WHERE THE ACTION SIT ,THERE ARE A LOT OF DEEP CHANNELS.IT WOULD TAKE TO MUCH BEDDING TO FILL THESE CHANNELS,SO I WAS THINKING TO CUT SOME STYREFOAM AND STUFF INTO THE CHANNELS APPLY THE JB WELD ONECE HARDED IT WILL STAY THERE IN THE STOCK.ALSO IT WILL FILL THE AREAS A KEEP THE BEDDING WHERE I WANT ITON THE RECEIVER  WALL

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BC STOCKER: GLASS HE ACTION LAST NIGHT,CAME OUT GREAT FITS LIKE A GLOVE.THE SHOT REALLY GOOD OUT OF THE BOX,BUT NOW I LIKE TO SEE HOW IT SHOOTS.I USED HOT WAX TO FILL THE DEEP CHANNEL IN THE STOCK.BOY THAT JB WELD REALLY WORKS,@ THE PAM COOKING SPRAY REALLY WORKS,@ THAT JB WELD STICKS TO ANYTHING.I REALLY HAVE NOT GLASS A RIFLE SINCE THE EARLY 70'S. ALL OF MY RIFLES ARE FINISHED.I HAVE TWO OF CHOICE,A3-03 SPRINGFEILD [email protected] A MAUSER 7X57 CUSTOM.JUST GOT BACK INTO BLACKPOWDER,HAVE NOT BOUGHT A RIFLE SINCE,THE 80"S.SO I FIGURE I GIVE IT TRY &#3699.00 OUT OF BASS PRO,CAN'T GET HURT FOR THAT PRICE .THANKS FOR EVERYTHING ,HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY.YOU NO THIS C.V.A. 50 CAL ECLIPSE  REALLY SHOOT GOOD

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BC STOCKER: FOLLOW UP ON THAT BLACK POWDER RIFLE I GLASS BEDED ,SHOT GROUPE AT 25 YARDS(INDOOR RANGE)3 SHOTS MEASURE .595X.380 ON PAPER.I THINK IT SHOOTS DAMM GOOD.THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.LONEWOLF

1 - 8 of 8 Posts