Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if all the offered upgades for my Glock 19 are worthwile? Examples:
Titanium safety plunger, Titanium guide bar, adjustable trigger assembly are just a few. Has anyone tried any of these enhancements for accuracy?
Thanks, Rick

·
Registered
817 Posts
I don't see how any of those items are going to affect accuracy with the exception of the trigger you mentioned. And even that is not going to make the gun more accurate but it might help you shoot it more accurately. Most of the so called upgrades for the Glocks are a waste of money. The only thing I would be interested in would be a trigger connector to lighten the pull weight. They can be had for very little money and are very simple to install.

·
Premium Member
5,427 Posts
Range Junkie hit it spot on....
These modifications are not really going to give more accuracy with a Glock, but will improve trigger pull and 'lock time'.

Go to Glock Talk and read. These guys live Glock. They have a header too that you can click to access ALOT of parts and accessories vendors.

try here too!

·
Inactive
1,626 Posts
No,No,No,and No

Would not suggest ANY of this stuff if the weapon is to be used for SD or HD purposes. The very most reliable Glock(any Glock) is the OEM Glock. Breaking dirt clods at the pit or general plinkin' fun.....heck.....install whatever.

My 19 is used for SD(CCW) and HD(night stand)and does have a few mods. It has been given a $.25 trigger job,and a 3.5#connector is installed. Remember that these two mods will bring your actual trigger pull down to 4.5lbs(~). I chose to leave the factory sights installed and added a LaserMax. I shot 300+ rds thru the weapon with the LaserMax installed and it is perfectly reliable(feed,extract,eject). I also added a "butt plug".

Any Glock will shoot any ammo(with the additional use of common sense)so really.....no aftermarket stuff needed. It is totally what you feel you need for the weapons application.

Ya'll enjoy them Glocks....I know that i do mine. -----pruhdlr

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
I'm a Glock guy (17 and 36), using them for self defense. Most of us chose the Glock because of its reliability and I'm with the others with any modifications. I too shoot them a lot, I attend Front Sight every six months for training so that alone burns up more ammo than most shoot in a year.

Even some of the "average" mods can create problems. I have big hands and the standard Glock controls are a bit small. I added an extended slide lock lever to my G-36 and good thing I shot it before I carried it as it locked the slide back with each shot. I put the extended magazine release on my G17 and with my shooting here at home, I didn't have any problems. It the heat of battle at FS, my second finger wrapping around the stock, made contact (I have big hands) with the extended mag release and bumped it enough during the shot to produce Type III malfunctions. Not good this last go around and it is gone too now. I will keep mine as they came from Glock.

·
Premium Member
5,427 Posts
I had a second Gen 19, hated the grip.
Bought a 3rd gen model 23 [.40] and a 30 [.45]
The 23 is a go to gun and is ultra reliable...great size, packs plenty of power, big capacity [13+1]....the only mod is nite sites and many mags.
the 30 is a HD gun....pull and shoot.

·
Banned
3,929 Posts
A friend of mine who owns a shooting range and is in fact a Glock Armorer, told me that Glock is what it is, when people start trying to hopp them up with springs and other internal after market parts, that is when they start having problems.

You can indeed change out that trigger and bring it down to around the 3-lb pull area and add night sights to your pistols. You can also have a "grip job" done on the Glock grip to fit your hand better but that is about all you really need to do. I have a couple of Glocks that have had the triggers changed to a lighter pull and night sights added.

If you add up all those changes you can do to a GLOCK, you will have more in the pistol than it cost you at the gunstore and then you may not like what you have afterward. Grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence and my Pappy used to say, "Son if it is not broke, don't fix it".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Grip Job for my Glock 19

Tracer,
Thanks for the reply. In your response you mentioned a grip job. I'm finally hitting 95% 10s with the stock frame but the grip is still a little too large for my hand. I've used an instructor on several occasions and he's recommended the I consider another manfacturer for my next gun because of the grip. Any recommendations on where to go for a grip job and how do you know what you're going to end up with when it's done.
Thanks again,
Rick

·
Banned
3,929 Posts
I am not sure how the guy does this work, I am not a gunsmith but I do know that many are done to fit smaller hands or larger hands. You just have to go to the internet and check things out and call them up on a land line.

GlOCKS have a track record and are one of the most reliable and trustworthy weapons in a pistol you will ever come across. I have all sorts of pistols in my vault and safes in various places but I bet my well being on a GLOCK. I can hit a 9inch pie plate all day long from 50 yards!!! However, 90% of the action is going to be less than 10ft away when things go sour. You don't need a pretty pistol you need a pistol that will function properly and go BANG everytime out the gate. I don't carry extra clips either, I carry an extra pistol because it is faster to get shots off on a Jam.:)

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
38,375 Posts
There is a gun shop in Austin, Heritage Firearms, that does extensive work on Glock grips. Smaller, bigger, smoother, rougher, you name it. Does pretty nice work and it can make a world of difference in how the gun fits your hands.

Don't like how a plastic gun feels? Get out the epoxy, belt sander, heat gun, and go to town!!! :D

·
Banned
3,929 Posts
RAK-43, The new Generation GLOCKS do have adjustment plates that you can use to pick the grip you feel the most comfortable with, never tried them myself but I am sure it will make a difference to many who do.;)

·
Banned
502 Posts
I got a butt plug and the 3.5 pound sear and have changed nothing else. The rest of the stuff seems to be only bragging rights and I have no need to brag about how good my weapons are, because they are excellent weapons.

Jerry

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.