Shooters Forum banner

Glock 26 slide

805 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  gunshooter 
#1 ·
Hey everybody, I have a P80 Glock 26 and the slide will not move rearward after firing 95% of the time. The slide moves freely by hand. I’m using 115 grain tulammo fmj . This is the second 26 I have build with no problems with the first. Recoil spring is new but that hasn’t stopped things from not working properly before.
Any help greatly appreciate.

#3 ·
I bet it moves rearward under recoil ;)

Not far enough to cycle? Does it 'stovepipe' or just leave the empty in the chamber?

Shooting some other ammo would be a good first diagnostic step, as noted.

#4 ·
My bet is it has/could have something to do with steel cased ammo?

#5 ·
I don't have experience with the poly80 frames, I used the Lone Wolf frames but I suspect your barrel hood, That top over hanging metal the rear of the barrel, on top of the rear of the cartridge that contacts the breech face of the slide is binding. What is the manufacturer of the slide and barrel. I had the problem of a Rock slide not working with a lone wolf barrel due to tolerance stacking and I had to buy a different manufacturer barrel to work in that slide. Does the barrel move freely in the slide as the slide is pulled back by hand or does it stick and sort of jump in place?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.