·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi yall what do ya think of glock pistols ? have heard pro and con on them

·
Registered
271 Posts
I always thought they weren't of much account until my son gave me a 9 mm Model 17. It is very accurate and very easy to shoot. The action seems to absorb some of the recoil (less kick than my CZ83 in .380 acp). Disassembly is simple. Easy to clean. Good sight picture. The Glock is the epitome of KISS. I like mine real well and have run across a boatload of people at the range with .40 cal Glocks who feel the same.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my G19 has never failed me shot 1000's of rds. i sent mags. to glock rebuilt for 0$ some of recoil is also taken up by the frame can also take slide apart for good cleaning i wash fr. in hot soapy water some like glocks some dont i always say they aint pretty but they work take care now ya hear

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,229 Posts
Man of few words dept.....

Ugly.

Bad triggers.

Work great......

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have a Glock model 27 compact 40 S&W... ugly but very relieable...Fits right in the small of my back using a inside holster. nice and light also...Good for self defence. Aim small hit small. RAMbo.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I'm one of the people who doesn't like Glocks too much, but I realize a LOT of people do. I appreciate that fact that they are keeping the 10mm Auto cartridge alive.

·
Beartooth Regular
5,220 Posts
kciH,
It sounds like Kimber is gearing up to do a run of 10mm and 38 Super 1911's.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Alyeska,
I've been toying with the idea of getting one in the DW, but I haven't seen any of their autos to get a feel for the quality. I don't like to order a gun blind. If Kimber makes one, I'll have to get one. While I'm very fond of the .45, the 10mm is king in my book. Where did you learn about this good news?

·
Beartooth Regular
5,220 Posts
Kimber's website (I don't know how I ended up there, I'm not in the market for another handgun right now). I think its in their announcements page. This link should get you there.
http://www.kimberamerica.com/pr.php

·
Beartooth Regular
5,220 Posts
You don't play around when it comes to the 10's, do you? I had a Delite Elite right after Colt introduced them. That disappeared in one of my trade weakness moments. The next I picked up was when Smith introduced the 610. Probably the most accurate revolver I have ever shot. All I could find at the time for clips, were the half moon jobs that came with the gun. I hated those things and the 610 didn't last much longer. If I could have got my hands on some full moon clips, I would probably still have that rascal and be very happy.

Didn't mean to hi-jack the Glock thread. My take on the Glocks is that they are too big for my hand. I've got a couple of buddies that won't have anything else. I like the 1911's personally.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Alyeska,
my dealer said they are taking orders though the end of the month, and that's that, so there was no time for indecision. The only 10mm I have right now is an upper for my AR and a Ruger Buckeye 10mm/38-40 combo. That buckeye is tremendously accurate with either cylinder, but it sees more 10mm than it does 38-40. I've still got a case of factory 10mm ammo in the "ammo dump" as my wife refers to it. This is going to be like waiting for Christmas. Thanks for the info on this.

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,465 Posts
I handled and shot the Glock in .40 (I believe the G22), it was accurate, solid and reliable, but I CANNOT get past that trigger.:(

I shot the Glock and bought the Walther P99:D .40 cal bliss!
Had Bar-sto make me up a .357sig BBL. too!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
trigger on glocks are a weak point to me factory 5.5 pull can get N.Y. spring makes 12.5 some are put 3.5 lb. which to me is way dangerous for carry inserts are made to put behind trigger for little more safety i recon ?

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have a Glock 33 (.357 Sig sub-compact) and am very pleased with it. Easy to carry, accurate, ultra reliable, and recoil isn't bad at all.

I've managed to drop it twice :rolleyes: - once in the street - and it didn't even scratch it.

I'll also mention that I've chronographed 124 gr HP factory ammo (Hornady XTPs, if I remember correctly) at nearly 1300 fps from it. Essentially you have a 10 shot .357 mag in a very small, light package.

·
Super Moderator
9,462 Posts
Been following...and it made me think. Owned three Glocks (not counting my wife's 26...she still carries that one) but after a time, sold them. Can't fault them, they worked fine and were reasonably accurate...I just don't care for them. Not "magic", just a good reliable handgun that takes a bit of abuse in stride.

Guess it's way some people buy blue cars and others buy a silver SUV...preference. If you like them, I have no fault to list...if like me, you'd prefer not to, can't fault that either.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Gentlemen,

I don't have many negative issues with the Glock, as they are very soldily built, and seem to work extremely well, espiecally for the one gun set. I have a model 19, and it has given me very good service, although the trigger is hard to get a weld on, and once upon a time the back sight came off.

I tend to use all of my weapons, but the ones that i view purely as tools are the ones that I are around allot, as I don't mind abusing the ugly old things. The glock is definately a tool, and I carry it third frequently, behind my issue Beretta and my Smith model 38. It is a very workable weapon, although I don't have any large attachment to it, per se, and it does not tickle my "pride of ownership" fancy.

Of all the glocks I have owned, seen and fooled with, the 40s shoot the straightest, for what reason I am not quite sure.

I have heard precious few complaints from those that are required to carry them, and I think that is problably the best thing anyone can say about them, generally.

Good shooting,

Steve

·
Banned
35 Posts
I had a g30 sub compact in .45acp. It was my first handgun and was a work of art. Reliable simple, and possibly the most accurate handgun I've owned. It has a 3.8 in barrel and shoots better faster and more accurate than my hk usp .45 full size.
nathan

·
Registered
61 Posts
While I like and own 1911's and Sigs, and many, many revolvers, a Glock 27 is what I carry everyday. It's just so utilitarian. Like whitehunter said, its a tool. The trigger did take a little to master, but once you do its no problem.

kcih and others,

Im glad to see other 10mm fans. I just love that round. The Glock just seems to handle the recoil much better than any other 10 ive shot. 180 grainers at 1200fps in the Glock just feel like .40 S&W loads in any other gun, go figure.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts