Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my reloading station all set up, even some good loads, but i'd like to hone my shooting skills. I understand that practice is needed but only perfect practice makes perfect. What is a good long range shooting book/manuel that can help me?

·
Super Moderator
13,430 Posts
Go to Precision Shooting Magazine's site,
here, and scroll down until you find a book called Precision Shooting at 1000 yards.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've got my reloading station all set up, even some good loads, but i'd like to hone my shooting skills. I understand that practice is needed but only perfect practice makes perfect. What is a good long range shooting book/manuel that can help me?
I'd recommend the "Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading" or "Speer Reloading Manual" as starters. Why? I like to read forum questions and I see the same ones being asked frequently. Either of these books has numerous articles that enlighten even old guys like me. Plus you get in depth analysis of each cartridge. In the Speer manual#10 (1979), under 9mm Parabellum, the intro page states how in tests on bullet seating depth, .030" deeper spiked the pressure from 28,000 cup to 62,000 cup. Now I load 9mm and have owned the book for 30 years and I never bother to read that until recently. Might prove valuable....!!

On becoming a better shooter, the NRA offers an assortment of classes that are well-taught and useful. Most of us need coaching or at the least, someone who can point out our faults.
For me, that is alot harder to pick up by reading and easier to "get" with a trained eye watching.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts