Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of 444s I load for using BTB's 290 gr LFNGC. I also have a Ruger Super Redhawk (44) with a 9.5 inch barrel. Since I really like the accuracy and terminal performance of this bullet, why couldn't I use this same bullet in the Ruger? There are tons of recipes for every weight bullet for the 44 from 180 gr to 335 gr bullets, except the 290. Any one else use this bullet in the 44 Rem Mag? Any comments, ssuggestions or recommendations appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
3,365 Posts
Those .432"-290g LFNGC's make excellent loads for the Ruger .44 Magnums. Load using 22.0g H110/W296 and Winchester Primers. Excellent load with superb uniformity. You'll really be amazed at what that bullet will actually do in the SBH's.

For a slightly less than max load, try using 12.7g AA#5 with this bullet and Winchester primers. It's very uniform, and clean burning, and about a 1200 fps. load.

Hope this helps, and let us know how you like those pills in your Ruger 44's!

God Bless,

Marshall

·
Banned
18 Posts
I have a friend that shoots a heavy A-frame bullet in his Ruger Black Hawk. I think it is 310 Gr. I will see him this weekend, I will ask. He shot a 413lb black bear in Maine last fall. One shot, no tracking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts