Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to all that have helped me in my single shot pistol selection. Now a scope... this will be going on either at .243 Encore or a 7mm08.

Cabelas has the Leupold VX3 2.5-8 power on sale for $349 (it says it's normally over $500).

Would this be a good selection for my gun and is this as good of a price as it seems? Any thing else I should consider? Thanks for all opinions...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry

I was off a little... the sale price is $399, regular $549. I found the same scope several other places also for $549. Seems like a deal...?

·
Registered
817 Posts
That sounds like a really good price for that handgun scope. I just checked SWFA.com and their price is over $500 and they usually have some of the best prices around. I would place and order if that's the scope your are looking for.

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
That's a very good scope for a fair price, but I would also look at the Bushnell Trophy 2-6x LER, for $100 less. I've found 8x magnification tricky to use, in a handgun scope, as you have to get the gun perfectly aligned with your eye and the target.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did it

I went ahead and made the order. Figure I can always return it but that sale price wasn't going to last forever. Thanks all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts