Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good lookin piece. Beautiful color case hardened reciever. Nice wood. Better wood to metal fit than the mod 94 444 I bought last month. Can't wait to shoot it this weekend.

·
Registered
13,290 Posts
Yeah, and what cartridge do she shoot?! C'mon, man...we need details! We can't live vicariously without DETAILS!! :p

·
Registered
13,290 Posts
That's crazy talk, BadDad! Reloading for another caliber is like...having another piece of pie without needing to let your belt out another notch! :D

·
Registered
672 Posts
That's the only version Rossi makes. Winchester is doing a short heavy round bbl trapper version, but at double the price. ;)
I purchased mine from LSI a few years ago. It's called the Puma 92 and it was available with both round and octagon barrels.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I purchased mine from LSI a few years ago. It's called the Puma 92 and it was available with both round and octagon barrels.
I believe that your round barreled 20" one is a carbine rather than a short rifle. The difference is that the 20" short rifle has a 1" buttstock with a curved buttplate, longer forestock, and a forestock cap. It looks like the 24" rifle version with 4" of the barrel cut off. A 20" carbine will have a shorter buttstock with a flat buttplate, a shorter forestock, and a barrel band instead of a cap.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I believe that your round barreled 20" one is a carbine rather than a short rifle. The difference is that the 20" short rifle has a 1" buttstock with a curved buttplate, longer forestock, and a forestock cap. It looks like the 24" rifle version with 4" of the barrel cut off. A 20" carbine will have a shorter buttstock with a flat buttplate, a shorter forestock, and a barrel band instead of a cap.
Times two.;) Couldn't have said it better myself. Not everyone knows the difference between a carbine and a short rifle. I used to have a 24" bbl carbine mod 94 Winchester. They only made these a couple years in the 80's. I actually bought & sold the same gun twice:D Never was satisfied with the long carbine look.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's crazy talk, BadDad! Reloading for another caliber is like...having another piece of pie without needing to let your belt out another notch! :D
:D Never did like pie though. And I have too much inventory in what I do load to start with another caliber. If you're anything like me, it's like friggin disease once you get started. :D

·
Registered
584 Posts
:D Never did like pie though. And I have too much inventory in what I do load to start with another caliber. If you're anything like me, it's like friggin disease once you get started. :D
I hear ya talkin. I'm considering another rifle/pistol set but don't know if I'm ready to start with another caliber either. Eight different calibers, 20 something different bullet types/weights, and near 40 different loads ...... yes, it's a sickness.

·
Registered
672 Posts
If you read a little more carefully you'll see in post #7 I said I had an octagon barrel.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I'm looking to get two 20" stainless in .45 Colt and .357 mag. For the $$$ there is nothing that compares and the 92 action is the strongest. Found this site for modification that should help. I'm getting the peep sight and the DIY action job kit with the metal follower. http://store.stevesgunz.com/

1 - 20 of 27 Posts