Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, been around guns all my life, been shooting for a while. Have quite a collection of Belgium made Brownings I'm most proud of. But I have always shot and cleaned guns, never been interested in learning any thing outside of how to keep em running and how to pull the trigger. I have recently decided my Belgium Semi-auto Browning 7mm Mag is going to be my go-to rifle. I installed a bipod, went and sighted it in and I'm lovin it. But I have a question: I saw a guy shooting a rifle (looked like a .270 but I don't remember) on the range with a tactial foregrip in place of the forestock. Apparently it was making a **** of a difference in accuracy from a standing position. Is it possible (or even a good idea) to remove the forestock from my 7mm, attach a UTG universal universal tri-rail barrel mount in place of the stock forestock? That way I could attach the foregrip (and who the **** knows, may throw a flashlight on there or something). Can anyone instruct me on removing the forestock and replacing it with the rails? If it is even possible. If it isn't or its a dumb idea, please feel free to make fun. Like I said, I know how to pull the trigger, but not take it off. Thanks

·
Registered
7,712 Posts
Interesting about a BAR built in Belgium chambered that way. I don't follow Browning history all that close though!

I'm gonna vote "dumb idea" on this one.

I will not call you dumb though Matt_Mag! You were smart enough to join this board and ask a question. Good for you!

Iowaloha from Cheezywan

·
Registered
45 Posts
I wont say dumb idea, but maybe not a good one. Just from my limited dealings with some of the UTG "universal" barrel mounted stuff, I think it might not be the best option. Most i have seen are not that sturdy and end up rubbing the barrel finish.

There might be other products out there that might suit what your looking for better, but in the end its you gun. Plus it would probably look really cool!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wont say dumb idea, but maybe not a good one. Just from my limited dealings with some of the UTG "universal" barrel mounted stuff, I think it might not be the best option. Most i have seen are not that sturdy and end up rubbing the barrel finish.

There might be other products out there that might suit what your looking for better, but in the end its you gun. Plus it would probably look really cool!

haha well looking cool is always a plus I guess. UTG is surely not the highest quality of stuff, but based on what I have seen so far I have no complaints, but there is always the future. My only question is how in the **** do you get that stubborn forestock off. From there I could at least try it and say yea or nay. I know you have to unscrew the swivel for the strap, but where do I go from there?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so apparently all I have to do is screw that swivel out, pull down on the forestock until I feel tight resistance and then pull it forward. I guess I just was slacking off on pulling hard because of the resistance. I'll have to try again tomorrow and see how this plays out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts