Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Boy! The State Legislature is really swinging for the gun owners this session! A solid Republican legislature and a female Republican governor (known to pack heat in her purse and an NRA member) are teaming up to pass some great new laws. Below listed are the current under consideration.

House Bill 2307; Senate Bill 1098
Exempts any firearm or ammunition manufactured and kept in Arizona from federal regulation, including registration. (Modeled after the Montana law).

House Bill 2347; Senate Bill 1102
Would no longer require people to get a concealed -weapon permit. Would make it legal to keep a loaded weapon in a locked vehicle on school grounds and prohibit anybody younger that 21 from carrying a concealed firearm.

House Bill 2543; Senate Bill 1168
Extends restrictions on local governments from regulating firearms and ammunition to include the purchase, acquisition, storage, licensing or registration of such items. The bill also would prohibit cities and counties from banning firearms in parks.

Senate Bill 1011
Would allow a faculty member of a state university or community college who has a valid concealed-carry permit to carry a deadly weapon onto school grounds.

Senate Bill 1021
Would expand instances when a person is justified in using deadly force. ( Presently, a prosecutor must prove the action wasn't justified, instead of the defendant having to prove it was.)

House Bill 2406
Would change the requirements for signs prohibiting the possession of weapons in restaurants and bars to within 20 feet of each register, at every entrance and behind the bar. Anybody who brings in a weapon would not violate the law if the signs weren't properly posted. The law currently requires a sign immediately adjacent to the liquor license.

Senate Bill 1015
Would also change the posting requirements for restaurants and bars, but does not require the signs at all three areas (near registers, at entrances and behind the bar) - only at one.

This will most definitely continue to qualify Arizona as F-- state with the Brady Bunch!!! :D

·
Banned
502 Posts
Fantastic, some one is standing on our side of the world out there in Arizona.

Jerry

·
Registered
170 Posts
Great news for Arizona! Here in PA, our governor would blow a cork if he was even in the same room as this legislation, and I'd pay to see it!

·
Registered
13,198 Posts
That is some great stuff...I bet if all of those laws were passed, what little crime you have there (because existing gun ownership) would drop even further!

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Good news indeed, Now if the rest of the states would just follow suit.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Make me get all teared up just thinking about it. God Bless Arizona and the new Governer. When I think about how the former dim-witted clipped-haired worthless Governer of Arizona did everything in her power to crush the Second Amendment it gives me hope that our Country as a whole has a brighter future as relating to the Second Amendment. Thanks for the information.

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
the only exception i take is taking guns in privately run buisinesses..
the owner mabe oughta have the choice of letting guns on the premises..
if he won t let me carry in his place .. i just won t patronise his place..
but the rest of it im all for. slim

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
The Utah Senate yesterday passed a bill mirroring the "Montana Law" on 10th Amendment grounds.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All these bills have a good chance of passing. The Democratic minority in both houses have pretty well stated there is almost no way to stop them. As mentioned above, our new governor (Jan Brewer) is very gun friendly, as opposed to the above mentioned nincompoop former Democratic governor, who is now your National Security Secretary.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Congratulations, AZ! (and Utah!) Frankly, I'm quite interested to see the federal court system's reaction to the go-stick-it-in-your-ear laws re: federal regulation, taxation and registration of firearms. Those things are already Constitutionally prohibited in Idaho, so we should have no need of legislation along that line at present. If the federal court system will simply recognize the applicable relative authorities properly, there would be no need of legislation in the first place. I sincerely hope that occurs, though I'm not holding my breath right now.

·
"Bad Joke Friday" Dan (moderator emeritus)
7,761 Posts
And credit to the people of Arizona for electing representatives that are truely representative and understand the advantages for the law abiding citizen's well being. We sure can use all the "setting a good example" we can get.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
House Bill 2347; Senate Bill 1102
Would no longer require people to get a concealed -weapon permit. Would make it legal to keep a loaded weapon in a locked vehicle on school grounds and prohibit anybody younger that 21 from carrying a concealed firearm.

I disagree here. I believe if you are able to vote, enlist in the armed services then you are an adult and should enjoy all previlages/rights at that age. Not 3 years later, same as with drinking. Most states allow people younger then 21 to own handguns, its only Federal law to be able to purchase from an FFL not an individual.

CD

1 - 13 of 13 Posts