Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Prayers sent! Its sad when the youth has to step up and defend his family because the one in charge will not! Fight back America!!

·
Banned
415 Posts
No kidding. We will absolutely be praying for him. He will need it over the next while! On the plus side, IF it educates even one more person about the importance of firearms in our lives...

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
You're praying to the same God who failed to protect the kid & his family from thugs in the first place? Maybe He's just not interested...

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're praying to the same God who failed to protect the kid & his family from thugs in the first place? Maybe He's just not interested...
News Flash - there is a concept called "Free Will" - While we are stuck here on planet earth we will be subject to the consequences of free will. God is interested in each and every person even the three criminals.

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
To suggest that God is disinterested in the lives of corrupt adults is one thing, and in some case, you may be right. However, I can testify to you that it was not God's will for an 11 year-old child to be shot, or to have the guilt of shooting and possibly killing someone, hanging over him the rest of his life! Even though it was done in self-defense, that is something a kid could really be scarred by and that's not something I'm willing to write off as indifference from the God I pray to.

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
He gave that 11 year old boy the courage to shoot back, He made the bullet intended for that boy one that would not kill him.

·
Registered
573 Posts
To say that God failed to protect him is not accurate. In fact God did protect him. Just as God delivered the lion and the bear into the hand of David. Also Divid did not appear before the giant unpreparred. He knew how to aim and he brought his sling and 5 smooth stones.

Those of us who have faith and have a gun that we would use in defense of our families know that if we are called upon to take action that God will deliver the foe into our hand. Many have more faith and need not the gun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts