Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are a tasty derivative to ordinary meatballs. Don't get me wrong, meatballs are good pretty much every way I've made them, but these are awesome. You can practically substitute anything in here, but the base is pretty darn good.

2lbs ground venison, wild pig, goose, lamb, or beef (really any ground meat will work)
2T - Pesto (ready made or dry mix)
1/2 large yellow onion, minced (or 1/4 cup dried)
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 Cup crumbled Feta, Bleu, or Shredded Parmesan cheese
2-4 strips crumbled pepper bacon, leave pan crumbs.

Mix everything together and roll into bite size balls, put in a glass or plastic bowl and sprinkle 2T balsamic vinaigrette or 1/2 lemon juice over, let sit in refrigerator or freezer for at least an hour.

After marinating, put meatballs in pan, if you didn't save bacon pan then coat skillet with little olive oil. Cook meatballs 12-15 minutes until thoroughly browned. Deglaze pan by setting on med-high heat and adding 1 cup of white wine and 1 T butter (no margarine) and boiling for 1-2 minutes.

Serve meatballs on egg noodles and pour wine sauce over.

·
Premium Member
2,777 Posts
While I take a break from hunting, think I'll try that one!

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You certainly won't be disappointed with it, there is a ton of flavor and I really recommend making the wine sauce, it has a lot of flavor and I like to use Pinot Grigio.

·
Premium Member
2,777 Posts
You certainly won't be disappointed with it, there is a ton of flavor and I really recommend making the wine sauce, it has a lot of flavor and I like to use Pinot Grigio.
Hey, I'm a paisano, gotta have the wine sauce!

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
37,282 Posts
Wine sauce is good! Had deer tenderloins last night, with mushrooms, in a wine sauce. Great stuff!!!!

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That sounds awesome too! I like to make sherry mushrooms, which are good by themselves or on top of a big steak.

·
Premium Member
7,589 Posts
I might have to try this Matt, to break up the taco and burger routine! I'm always up for a good meat dish with pasta if I can add some greens, if only cilantro, chives, or parsley!

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You will be pleased, I'm sure of it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts