Shooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bore Da is what passes for 'good morning' in Welsh and if you own firearms in UK, then North Wales is one of the better places to be with a lot of farming, wide open spaces, and a sympathetic police force.

Downsides? It's usually raining. (Snowdonia National Park is technically rainforest according to rainfall figures), and there are very few deer or wild boar around.

I moved here 5 years ago and took up shooting again after a good few years off due to illness. Contrary to popular belief, we can own firearms her, and we can hunt

My passion is fox control on local farms for which I use a .223 Tikka T3 Varmint with thermal sights and a thermal spotting scope but I also shoot dangerous game rifles with 2 .375 H&H Magnums and a .416 Rigby coming soon.

I don't have the urge to travel anymore so dangerous game are very likely quite safe from me, (although there is a herd of Bison down the road lol), but I love and respect the history and characters associated with them.

We are in lock down here with this Covid19 virus so I wish you all 'Stay Safe and Keep Well'

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Welcome, can't wait until you have enough posts so your able to post pictures. I have a Tikka T1x with a silencerco suppressor, love those Tikka's.
Not many deer or boar eh, at least the fishing is good?

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Welcome Tim Smith. Bore Da to you also. Hope to see some pictures after you get enough posts. I'm in lock-down where I am also. I'm living in the great petri dish called New York. Although I'm four hundred miles from New York City, and live in the rural end of the state, Covid-19 is showing up all around my area now too. Lock-down where I'm at doesn't keep me from shooting though. We have lots of open land where there's no one else around. The officials tell us to go out and walk for exercise, but stay away from crowds and remain six feet apart. On my property I walk around, but I can carry a gun while doing so and I have a private range to shoot on. I guess it could be worse while I'm waiting it out. Good luck to you, I see Britain is making the news with this also. Stay safe.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Welcome Tim. I'm leaving right now for a days coyote hunting with my T3 Walnut in 222 Rem (60 grain bullets).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Welcome to shootersforum.com from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest! HOOAAAHHHH!!!!!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
North Wales is a beautiful place!! Visited there in the late 70's while in the military.

Welcome!!

Don

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
Welcome Tim Smith. Buen dia from New Mexico.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Welcome Tim. We first visited Wales in 1990 and have been back a number of times since. Beautiful country although we have stayed mostly in the south away from the rain. Our first trip included visiting that small town with the huge name, Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. What a hoot. (It's all one word but the computer is breaking the letters into 2???)

(BTW, for those of you who haven't heard of it, in English it translates to "St. Mary's Church in the hollow of white hazel near a rapid whirlpool and the Church of St. Tysilio near the red cave.")

We have friends who live in Stratford-upon-Avon now but he's Welsh and she is from Liverpool. We took a month long drive in the back country roads of Great Britain with them in 2004 and he took us all over Wales as well as England, Scotland and Ireland. Surprisingly, we introduced him to Edinburgh as he'd never been there and on the way up there we happened to see the Naked Rambler.

A great trip and a beautiful island.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,796 Posts
My forebears came from Wales back in 1655 and settled in Virginia. Sus Scrofa says I shouldn't be too proud of the fact! :)

·
Super Moderator
8,653 Posts
Welcome aboard. Nice to have another voice from the UK. Great crowd on here and a wealth of knowledge on guns.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Howdy! Good place to be in here. My Surname went from Kroeger to Koger with my ancestor Johann Peter Koger. He changed the K to a C in his later years to Coger. Common all over the UK now. I understand Cogar and such was common in your kneck of the woods too?

·
The Shadow (Super Mod)
7,160 Posts
So far, Mr. Smith has yet to return since this single post.
Hopefully he returns and joins in the conversations.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts