Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any body out there having any luck with those blue spookers?:eek: Or how about the Ruffed flavor???
Where are you and how are the populations? What gauge do you use for them and what shot.

Me I'm using a 20 ga. SxS with a #6 high brass. Im going to start the season with my chokes as this...

Skeet/ modified or....
Modified/ full

What are you using?

Best...
Chris~

·
Registered
516 Posts
m141A - The remote areas in northern and the western mountains of Maine are loaded with partridges - some years more than others. Most people "hunt" them by riding the roads and spotting them. If you're willing and able, you'll have good success by getting away from the roads. I don't hunt them anymore, but when I did I used a side by side 12 gauge with 7 1/2 high brass 2 3/4" shells. don't know what the chokes ever were. I had more kills w/ the smaller shot than I did w/ # 6's. You don't need a dog. The last few years I hunted them, I used a 22 w/ a peep sight, as I felt this made me a better all around rifle shot. Needless to say, it was not my policy to wait for the birds to fly before firing - anymore than I'd wait for a nice buck to start running before I commenced firing. Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts