Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Scotland

I have found a .356 Winchester 94 AE XTR its been in the shop for a while. The shop owner says it came from a winchester collecter (deceased) and is as new condition. It has mounts dies and some factory ammo !

My question to you gents is what do you reckon to this model ? I have always fancied a.358 BLR but can't find one. I know the .356 is basically the same except rimmed for lever.

I know the AE stands for "angle eject" but what about XTR ? Possibly extra ?

As with any gun i own first and foremost it is a hunting tool range toy second.

Would like to here what yoiu have to say about this rifle ?

The rifle is again down south so i can not see it any know were i can see a good photo of this model ?

Looked on gun broker found a .375 94 xtr pre- something ? Is this the same ? 20" barrel ?

Look forward to your replys..............

regards Englander

· Banned
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the veiws guys and pointing out the photo in trading.

William it has a weaver k4 base ? is that good ?

I would like to try it with peeps and see if i can hit any thing !

William- had a peek at the speer manual very nice.

You do seem to preach the .356 do you have one ?

I will have to stick a deposit on it as im spending to much on .444 and other bits at present.

Will let you know how i get on..............

Regards Englander

· Banned
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lever guns have a very small following over here, yet since the hand gun ban there has been lots of .44/.357/.38 marlin/ winchester/Rossi advertised as gallery guns plus a few clubs.

As for hunting there can not be many guys over here who hunt with lever guns.

The guy that owned the .356 also had about 20 Win .30-30's all fancy limited stuff. Bought though the shop, now hes passed on the family has asked the shop to sell them.

Never owned a Winchester and always fancied a .358 BLR so figured this might kill to birds with one stone !

I know i can order .356 brass from Midway but is it possible to make .356 from say .303 brass ? Probably not but it would be very handy as i can get tons of .303 brass dirt cheap or free.

If i get this rifle my arsenal would be .22/.308/.356/.444 so should be able to handle just about any thing !

I'll tell the wife its an investment ! Worth a try.

Regards Englander

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.