Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
i kinda like it.. not enough to buy it .. my shotgun is where i can have it in my hands an ready,,in less than a second..once i determine i need it..
it just sets in the corner beside where i sleep..it get mad if i covered it up.. of course the bedroom is off limits to any grand kids that visit..ive made that pa pa clear toim..slim

·
Registered
573 Posts
seems like it might cause some back pain for the one who sleeps on it and not for a house with kids but definitely not a fail. I made my own quick release closet hanger for my Mossberg a few years back for the same reason. prefer a handgun on the nightstand rather than the shotgun now a days though.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Let's make this thread useful...

The house across the street from me got burglarized last week, though I live in what statistics say is a very safe area. The perps got all the jewelry, & misc other stuff.

What worries me is that if it had been my house, they likely would have gotten a couple of guns, too. I keep several mil bolt actions on the wall as decorations. But, their bolts are locked in a cabinet. I do keep a couple self-defense pistols located handily for quick access if needed. Can't say I lock 'em up every time I leave home, nor do I always take 'em with me.

This YouTube does not address the readiness vs theft protection issue.

How do you keep your arms in your home so that you can get to 'em, but clever burglars, who have thought about the likely hiding places like a bracket in a closet, can't??

·
Banned
505 Posts
We used to make stuff like that! I like the negative comments that people made below the video! Proof that every one has the right to have guns but not all people should! Hey we let them bred, let them have a gun too, they could short circut themselves and save others the trouble.

People have been creating gun storage since guns were invented. Another great idea. It like not for 39.99 but I like it! I try to have all guns hidden when and if I leave. I really only need the accesiblity when I am home. I got 2 guns on me from the time I leave until I get back, if something or some one were to happen I can fend off who ever until I can get to the safe room or more weapons. Most likely I'll have to go back in the house to call 911 or get a shovel! Seems in alot of states your responsible for your guns if they are stolen and used in a crime or crime by children? Crazy! When I grew up the guns hung on the wall and the front doors and cars were unlocked, but not any more! SAD!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think the locked safe bolted to the ground plus a nightstand with a very sturdy, lockable drawer is the best bet. Odds are that if you get a burglar, they will look towards the gun chest, but wont be able to do a thing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts