Shooters Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I've read that Gunslick will erode anything that is aluminun, so I quit using it and now I use either Shooters choice or Krieghoff grease on my rails and assorted things.

·
Registered
649 Posts
For an excellent light grease use Lubriplate "SFL" NLGI #0. It is better than most others for lubricity and protection against corrosion. If you live in an area where the temps are very high you can use
Lubriplate "SFL" NLGI #1. The 14 oz. can will last a lifetime.

·
Premium Member
15,579 Posts
I consider ease of use more important than the grease. I've use one tube of Shooters Choice (red grease in a syringe) for 50 years and might be on the second tube of it....but I don't shoot anything auto but .22 pistols so don't need much grease.
I use Lubriplate as steady rest lube on the lathe.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
I need some recommendations for some good gun grease, for the slide and rails on semi auto handguns. 1911 in particular. I used to use a red grease that came in a syringe. It was good and easy to apply, but I don't even vaguely remember the brand of the name. I've looked around, but have found nothing even close to what this used to be. Thanks in advance.
Been shooting 1911s since 1976 when I started into IPSC with series 70 Colts. Never used grease on a 1911 and never will. I've never known anyone that used grease on a 1911 of various makes and models. I still own and shoot several and no grease.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts