Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With our NRA member Govenor, Jan Brewer, two new laws regarding firearms became law recently.

Last week a bill was signed that precludes federal involvement in firearms manufactured in Arizona, sold in Arizona, kept and owned by residents of Arizona. This is similar to the same law originally made in Montana.

Yesterday, she signed into law a bill that allows every legal citizen over the age of 21 to carry concealed weapons without having to have a state issued permit. The legislators worked closely with NRA lobbyist Matt Dogali and expert attorneys to assure the wording of the bill will meet all legal challanges.

Only Alaska and Vermont have similar lwas.

Arizona has always allowed open carry by un-permited people.

Just love it when good plans come together! :D

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Great,Just Great !!!

I applaud the politicians and the people of Arizona. That is quite an accomplishment in this day and age.

This is just another reason why I feel that the NRA is so badly needed, and needs to be supported by EVERY gun owner,shooter,hunter,and us who simply want to exercise our 2nd Amendment rights. Last I heard only about 35% of the above belong to the NRA. SAD...so very SAD !! ----pruhdlr

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,651 Posts
Fantastic. Great news!

·
Super Moderator
13,430 Posts
Totally, totally excellent. I enjoyed the relief of open carry during the times I was in classes at Gunsite. Glad to hear its extend to concealed. I would expect that to keep people from the problem of accidentally exposing the their "concealed" gun when they weren't supposed to.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Great news Ken!

Montana is working on similar legislation, and many more good pieces. I'm excited about the revolution, 10 years ago, almost no states even allowed concealed carry, now a majority do and many are working on eliminating the permit requirement altogether.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have mixed feelings about just anyone packing a gun. still think you need a safety course i di like they don't stick it to you a few hundred bucks to get a permit.

·
Registered
13,291 Posts
i have mixed feelings about just anyone packing a gun. still think you need a safety course i di like they don't stick it to you a few hundred bucks to get a permit.
You think a grandfather who's been taught since he was a boy how to handle firearms should be required to take a safety course? Some people need training, but instead of our government mandating every little thing we do, I applaud Arizona for asking that its citizens use their own good judgment. If someone is not confident in their ability to handle a gun safely, they can always choose to take a course. Making it part of a regulated process, along with registration, is an infringement.

Kudos to the good people of AZ, and the governor they elected, for passing common sense laws that ask a little more from the average citizen. Instead of penalizing law-abiding people they are helping protect them. God willing, we WILL see a few more wise people in D.C. come this November. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts