The ISRA is calling upon state lawmakers to reject a plan to
register Illinois gun owners in the same manner that sex offenders
are cataloged. The proposal is part of a sweeping, statewide gun
control program introduced by Chicago Mayor Richard Daley in
mid-February. Governor Blagojevich has gone on record supporting
the Daley gun control package -- including the gun owner
registration scheme.

The gun owner registration requirements are contained in Senate
Bill 1320, which was introduced this session by Daley ally Sen.
Iris Martinez. The provisions of SB1320 mimic sex offender
registration programs in that gun owners would be required to
report to their local police stations on an annual basis for
questioning regarding their firearms ownership. At that time, gun
owners would also be required to sit for mug shots and be
fingerprinted. If all goes well, and after the payment of a
$25 fee, the applicant would be granted a one-year extension of
his or her right to own firearms.

"Firearm owners from across the state are expressing their
outrage over the proposed registration requirements," reported ISRA
president Richard Pearson. "Daley's decision to lump hunters and
sportsmen in with sex offenders shows the utter contempt he has for
the state's 1.5 million law-abiding firearm owners. When SB1320
comes to a vote, we'll learn just who in the General Assembly
shares Mayor Daley's views."

Since 1903, the ISRA has been the state's leading advocate of
safe, lawful and responsible firearms ownership.

http://www.usnewswire.com
-0-
/U.S. Newswire 202-347-2770/
03/03 13:37

Copyright 2003, U.S. Newswire

·
Registered
178 Posts
Don't let Gov Davis in California hear of this. It would be right up his alley.

I have a better idea, let's register politicians. They do far more damage than gun users and in fact are only slightly above child molesters on the food chain!

Good luck fighting this one!

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Yet another example of the type of restraints on freedom and liberty from the land of Leftist Filth...AKA the home of the Rev. Jesse Jackson. I'd imagine part of the interview could include just what types of weapons you own and the serial numbers. All the better to know where to come look for them when it is determined that society would be "safer" without that particular model of firearm. This is simply a matter of registering guns and gun owners so that the right may be revoked as the "standard" for gun ownership can be adjusted by whichever politician happens to be in office. You have a speeding ticket, you can't own a gun. You can't pay the exorbitant "user fee", you'll have to hand in your firearms. Reminds me of the assualt weapons ban in California. We decide what is an assault weapon, you hand it over if we decide it's no longer OK to own.

Ooops,
I almost forgot the stigma that will be attached. Gun owners are so dangerous that we have to register them in the same manner as child molesters.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
You Folks In IL need to start kicking some Daly Butt!!! Why do you people put up with this crap?:mad: What if you all just said to **** with you and your unconstitutional laws!!! Boycott the process! Do something :mad:

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Illinois politics, in my estimation, are primarily dictated by the huge city within it's borders. It's hard to change the political landscape when the welfare programs and the gun control go together. And of course there are many people who don't vote for Democratic candidates for what they are promised they will be given, but have other equally unrealistic expectations of what government can do for them, or to others for them. There may be a change in the tides on this issue, but there will always be holdout areas and Chicago is one of them. The ballot and the courts are the only answers in this matter. Unless there is a major education campaign, and quality, common sense and skills based education for children, there is little hope of the ballot ever defeating liberals in such areas. As long as politicians are permitted to confiscate money from one group and use if for the pleasure of another who did not earn it and have no entitlement to it, we will be stuck with these problems. It would also help if our political leaders, from all perspectives, didn't harbor such a large number of crooks and despots that will do or say anything for a vote.

I've gotten a bit off topic here. I just think this a good wake up call for anyone who has any misinterpretation of what the goal of gun control advocates actually is. It just seems a crime that someone, in difference of opinion with the liberal elite, will be treated as a criminal for exercise of their rights as an American citizen.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hello from Scotland~

You guys get really worked up......... and rightly so !

You see we British gun owners are used to being treated like criminals/perverts. Treated with mistrust. The police have four new photos of me every five years when i must renew my licence also a cheque for $90. I must supply two up standing people to write character statements saying i don't beat my wife or hit the sauce too much or starve my kids.......

They must come into my house and inspect my gun safes, they have descriptions of all my shotguns and rifles plus the serial numbers, (REMEMBER THEY BANNED HAND GUNS)

They limit my ammo to approx buy 200 rounds, posses 250 rounds for each calibre except shotguns, and stop us buying expanding bullet heads by post !

If i want more than 10 firearms i must get an alarm system fitted linked to the poilce station !

Every time i want a new fire arm i must get written permission from the police on my licence. Currently they've had my licence since 28th january to add a .218 BEE phoned today its still on the desk !

Walk down the street with a gun in a rifle slip and you'd know how a alien would feel......

So kick and shout, scream hang on to your freedom that other fought and died for............. we are losing more and more freedom day by day !:mad:

Englander

·
Banned
548 Posts
Time for a test case...just refuse to comply, and make them come and get you. It would be better if a million IL gun owners refused, but one will do.

The courts are there to protect us from the exec and legislative branches. They will.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Loader,
the problem with your line of action is that it takes huge money to overturn these laws or defend yourself. When the geovernment, be it state, local, or federal, comes after you your life will be ruined financially and otherwise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts