1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,886 Posts
Yep - Thank God we have some sensible pro-gun folk in the state gov't here.

·
Registered
7,850 Posts
The only problem is...... When one State goes sour, it starts infecting other States, and not necessarily just neighboring States (as if New Jersey needed any help going sour on gun rights). Through time, there's a wave of States banning this and that. It's already happening.

Conservative States like Texas, Florida, Wyoming, Montana, and others are already feeling the punishment for being "good" States. Once these liberals mess up their own backyard, they have to move to get away from the smell. So they move to the aforementioned so they can have lower taxes, better employment oppurtunities, less crime (never knowing why there's less crime), etc. Then they repeat the process in their new "neighborhood". It just takes time, that's all.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
The only problem is...... When one State goes sour, it starts infecting other States, and not necessarily just neighboring States (as if New Jersey needed any help going sour on gun rights). Through time, there's a wave of States banning this and that. It's already happening.

Conservative States like Texas, Florida, Wyoming, Montana, and others are already feeling the punishment for being "good" States. Once these liberals mess up their own backyard, they have to move to get away from the smell. So they move to the aforementioned so they can have lower taxes, better employment oppurtunities, less crime (never knowing why there's less crime), etc. Then they repeat the process in their new "neighborhood". It just takes time, that's all.
That's a pretty good synopsis of what is happening in the country. You can see it here in Missouri (which is still very pro-gun at present). There are not nearly as many young people interested in hunting and fishing as there were 30 years ago when I was a teen. Social media, a gazillion cable channels, video games and the like, command their attention now. A much higher percentage are from broken homes as well and their fathers are either not around, have to share them on weekends, and or are just busier and more transient. The schools demonize guns and many other bedrock American values, while concurrently propping up others that were once thought to be detestable. Meanwhile the federal government is entitling (enticing) more and more people out of their work ethic. And for a myriad of reasons, conservatives can no longer win national elections. In the long to medium term, all of these facts are detrimental to the values we hold dear. These facts are clear. The solutions to them are much less so.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
This needs to be read in perspective.

The New York Supreme Court is NOT a supreme court. In New York the lower court is called the Supreme Court as its jurisdiction is " you can enter any suit you want". So the called it supreme Court. It is not like the US supreme court. the Supreme Court" in NY as we would call it is names The Court of Appeals.

so when you get a liberal judge (although he was appointed by goc. George E. Pataki) in a local small court, one would expect to lose, and initially plan on an Appeal to a more 'learned court".

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Hunting and shooting in decline becausef increasing populatilon. Urbanization, suburban sprawl, etc. mean less area available for shooting sports. We have been breeding ourselves out of our heritage.

There stiil seems to be a growing interest in fishing but fishing is van accommodate more participants on a limited area. No fire free zones needed. Fishers have most been affected by diminished bag limits, seasons, etc. but seldom with loss of whole areas. Also threat of legal liability discourages some property owners/mamagers from providing access.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Remember Gun control has nothing to do with guns !!!

Reactions: StretchNM

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
This November all New Yorkers have the chance to Vote out Gov. Como & send his butt back to NYC where he belongs.? Lets " GER ER DONE"

·
Registered
3,938 Posts

The same thing has happened to Colorado. I use to hunt out there in Western Colorado but not any more.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Gun Supporters Lose Huge Battle in New York | TheBlaze.com

Looks like things won't be getting better for our brothers and sisters in New York anytime soon. :( Any of our NY friends have anymore info on the reaction?

Old news with this guy and his group. They have lost every ruling so far because they don't know their NY legal history. His lawsuit means nothing, and only serves to water down the resources to beat this law in FEDERAL COURT.

the only lawsuit that matters is the NYSRPA/NRA suit. They will be the ones to get this to the US Supreme court.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
..... And for a myriad of reasons, conservatives can no longer win national elections. ......QUOTE]

The last conservative to run for President was Reagan, and we know how that went.

The Bush family, Romney, and the TRAITOR McCain are NOT conservative.

·
"Bad Joke Friday" Dan (moderator emeritus)
7,762 Posts
I sent an article to a friend in Texas that showed Texas as the 17th best place to live and he replied that the governor had paid the publication publishing the article to rate them low to keep the Kalifornia and NY folks from wanting to move there :) May be an exaggeration, but sound like good logic to me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
DOK, SHUSHSSSSSS. They don't know that anyone lives West of the Mississippi. Let's keep it that way. I'm glad that I live in Oklahoma where our guns rights are being protected more and more everyday.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I sent an article to a friend in Texas that showed Texas as the 17th best place to live and he replied that the governor had paid the publication publishing the article to rate them low to keep the Kalifornia and NY folks from wanting to move there :) May be an exaggeration, but sound like good logic to me.
Not all people from New Yorkistan are bad or liberal commies.:D

I think I'd fit in quite well in Texas. I own lots of guns, am not PC, live to hunt and fish, and would love to help retake the rest of the country by leading an invasion of the US from Texas.

Sam Houston and the rest should have kept Texas an independant country.;)

·
Registered
760 Posts
It's ironic that the states that gave birth to our freedom are among the first to give birth to tyranny.

·
Registered
69 Posts
dmsbandit, If you like to hunt , fish and have guns, then we would welcome you to come on down and be one of the normal, rational, God fearing people in our state. We have our problems as many do, but at least we aren't afraid to deal with them or not take a stand against injustice and our Constitutional Rights..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts