Shooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
jack,

i tried to view the link on the gun valuations, but could not see it. i am a first timer on this site and i was just getting ready to ask questions on a couple of guns that i have. do you have any info for me on pulling up the link or can you give me a brief summary of the link?

bruce

·
Beartooth Regular
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go to the Rifles and Rifle Cartridges forum and read the thread "So you are a Newbie, check this out". It's the third from the top.

Bye
Jack

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have carried a Colt Delta Elite 10mm for16 years in an El Paso thumbsnap belt holster with no problems what so ever. Just be sure you can handle the extra recoil of the 10mm over the .45 acp or the 9mm. My Delta Elite has been to Pachmayr for some work to keep it from beating itself up and it is stone reliable.

Sincerely,
Dave (Bubba) Thornblom

·
Registered
96 Posts
The only value a gun has to me is the value it has to me. I don't buy guns as investments. Many make a tidy living out of buying and selling guns. I'm sure, for them, it's fun but I have other things to do. I'm the kind of guy that would value a very fine shooting $300 Ruger over the very best Colt Python any day. Not that I don't like "nice" guns, I just don't have a lot of time or money left to play that game.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Values are of interest but after making long rifles and custom guns, I have no idea of values. It is a worry when my wife will get all and my daughter next. I do not know where to get them appraised and do not want my family to lose.

Next are factory guns not listed like the AMT Auto Mag III I have for the 9mm Win magnum. This gun is not in any book I have seen.

You could get takeout with what is in my safe or retire for life so it is important.

Friends are waiting for me to pass and all have dibs on my guns. One says, sell me that and I say what is your house worth? Of course it will never be sold anyway so I want Carol to know what she has. Some might offer $2000 for a long rifle worth $20,000.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Values are funny on the net since someone want's a custom 1911 for $50. Get real, it cost over $1000 to make. Be careful with net values.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts