1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
105 Posts
I see no cons to this. I think most on this site will agree that the bad guys don't care about the laws anyway, so this is only going to have an effect on the good guys.
I've been working in Glacier park while there were no other people around. Find your self on bear trails. The old 44 would have felt good on my side. Long gun or shotgun wouldn't have been practical with me working.
Wasn't too worried about bears, but if we knew when to be worried we would just avoid the situation all together.
One more step that confirms our rights. One step farther that the anti's have to try and beat just to get to where we were yesterday.
It's nice to see some change going in the right direction now.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I just read that firearms will continue to be prohibited in ranger stations and visitor centers, which are technically "federal buildings". I wonder if that will include the latrines. Still, it's about time.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Seems backassward to me. The 2nd amendment is supposed to keep the feds from infringing on our right to keep and bear arms. Any federal land should be an island of gun rights and freedom, regardless of the insane laws of the state the federal land is in.

I'm lucky to live in a state that has a strong right to bear arms in it's constitution, but I should be able to carry in the Adirondacks as well as Mt Rainier.

It's better than nothing...suppose we can call it "a good start".

·
Inactive for over a decade
6,248 Posts
The ban shouldn't have been in place to begin with! Congress and the Feds know they can't make laws or rules that violate the constitution.

·
Banned
105 Posts
Seems backassward to me. The 2nd amendment is supposed to keep the feds from infringing on our right to keep and bear arms. Any federal land should be an island of gun rights and freedom, regardless of the insane laws of the state the federal land is in.

I'm lucky to live in a state that has a strong right to bear arms in it's constitution, but I should be able to carry in the Adirondacks as well as Mt Rainier.

It's better than nothing...suppose we can call it "a good start".
In our state it's a felony to have an M-16 bolt. They are trying to ban all assault weapons.
Washington state is a little too anti in my book. Chalk it up to the Olympia to Seattle area all calling the shots for the rest of us.
We are better off than some places, but I don't think that Washington is a strong second amendment state myself.

·
Banned
157 Posts
That law digresses to state laws in parks. So if you are in a big park like yellowstone. Wandering from Wyoming to Montana requires abiding each state requirement as well as the feds.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
In our state it's a felony to have an M-16 bolt. They are trying to ban all assault weapons.
Washington state is a little too anti in my book. Chalk it up to the Olympia to Seattle area all calling the shots for the rest of us.
We are better off than some places, but I don't think that Washington is a strong second amendment state myself.
Agree...it's too anti, but better than most. I've had a CCL since 1978. No training rquired.."shall issue".

SECTION 24 RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.

·
Registered
11,954 Posts
Although we can carry in National Parks, it's still illegal to discharge a firearm inside the park. Maybe a point that's not commonly considered.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Virginia is a pretty pro 2nd state, and Im on a first name basis with the repesentive for our district (Rick Boucher). He likes to hear my opinion on upcoming bills and such. But if things get any worse, Im going to Texas :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Maybe not in Acadia!

I work in and around Acadia National Park almost every day. The Anti's out here want to ban guns from the park. They are working our Liberal representatives to make it a gun free zone. The ball is rolling!

I have already had a knife pulled on me inside the park, that prompted me to get my CWL. I am on call 24/7/365 and never know when I might have to go in to work. Lucky me he just wanted to leave after showing me his flashy "Master Card"(AKA knife). If I could have called the Rangers I would only have to keep enough blood in me for about 20 to 30 minutes if some thing happened, or 15 or so for the locals constabulary. None of the anti's want to here that. They just think that all is well and if we don't let guns in we wont have any problems.

I need a RED state.

·
Banned
655 Posts
BHShooter, I live across Frenchman Bay near the Schoodic Peninsula section of Acadia. I've been watching the effort to get guns banned, and I know a couple of the Rangers, one of whom I suspect is in favor of the ban, tho I haven't come right out and asked him.

I carry any time I head to Bar Harbor, but I haven't been in the park proper in years.

·
Banned
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,196 Posts
I edited your post, jadek.

Your insertion criticizing the present administration was political. That's a no-no.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I edited your post, jadek.

Your insertion criticizing the present administration was political. That's a no-no.
So much for 1st ammendment on here I see... I guess it's your way or the wrong way... Too bad I thought this was a pretty good site. Boy was I WRONG. Wonder if ya got eggs ehough to let this one go....

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,196 Posts
Yep, sure do. Matter of fact, if you're not pleased with the administration of this board, there's plenty of others that may suit you.

A reading of the "Sticky" at the top of this forum explains the board policy on political posts. Other members seem to have no problem with the rule.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.