Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember flipping through the back of the Popular Mechanics magazines and seeing ads to 'become a gunsmith' next to the plans for a hovercraft and gyrocopter? I haven't seen a PM mag in a while, but was wondering if the group had any experience with any WORTHWHILE correspondence/distance learning courses. I'm not a big fan of those, but if there's a good one out there, it would be worth my time to check it out.
Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
Remember flipping through the back of the Popular Mechanics magazines and seeing ads to 'become a gunsmith' next to the plans for a hovercraft and gyrocopter? I haven't seen a PM mag in a while, but was wondering if the group had any experience with any WORTHWHILE correspondence/distance learning courses. I'm not a big fan of those, but if there's a good one out there, it would be worth my time to check it out.
Thanks
NOT the Modern Schoo; I did that course and was not impressed. Would be OK for my wife if she decided to learn smithing but if you know a little about it then the lessons aren't that good. I've ordered a few videos from AGI and they are pretty good, you can order a dvd for the gun you are working on or do the whole course.

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RC - Is the Modern Gun School the one up in VT? I got something in the mail from them and it looked like some half-baked last-minute thrown together sales presentation. Talk about bad presentation. I took the time to read through a little of it but realized I was only wasting my time. I saw the 'testimonials' on the back and one guy was from my state...I was tempted to try to get in touch with him and ask him about it but it wouldn't change my mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts