Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Stevens 311 .410 double that belonged to my grandfather.  Unfortunately, another family member got it before I did, and stored it in a wet case.  The finish was destroyed, and there is some very light pitting on the receiver, and a couple of spots with fairly significant pitting on the barrels.  The receiver was originally case colored, so I guess my first question is can this part be blued?  The next question is can anyone recommend a gunsmith to refinish this gun?  I'm not necessarily looking for a restoration to original finish, but  I'd love to get grand dads gun back into the squirrel woods.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi
Several months ago I had two ACP's blued by a fellow in NY and I was very happy with his work.His price was cheap and the finish excellent.
I can't remember his name,but here is how to contact him. His brother in law ownes DAN WESSON firearms and he does all their blueing.To pick up some extra $ he does his own work on nights and weekends.
Tell him that Jeff Walder in MD said to give him a call.He did my colt and kimber.

Jeff

1 - 2 of 2 Posts