Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you recommend for a guy that whats to keep everything tight. By no means I'm a gunsmith. Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Got to www.brownells.com and look for the Magns-Tip screwdrivers.  These are ground correctly to reduce the chance of stripping th heads on gun crews.  They come in different size kits and you can always add on with special bits as you need them.  These are real srewdriver bits for working on guns.  DO NOT go down to the local hardware store and buy your screwdrivers to work on guns.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Mag na Tips are the best.  I bought a set and use them a lot.  Only thing I added to the them is a a few allen wrenches that fit my scope mounts.  

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice Guys, what type of handle do you use. The magnetic or Clip-Tip non-magnetic. Thanks again.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I use the magnetic tip because it holds small screws in place until the threads can be engaged.  You may want to buy one of each if you have a need for avoiding magnetic effects.  

Also, I personally like the solid handle better, but that's just personal.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Santa brought a set of Brownells Mag-Tips screw drivers for Christmas. Thanks for the heads up on the Mag-Tips there Sweet!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts