Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new to the forum. Right off the bat I have a question..... What can I expect for a trigger pull on a new H&R CR1871 Buffalo Classic 45-70? I'm considering purchasing one and I'd like to know what to expect....although I can do a trigger job if need be. My funds are limited and I heard this rifle is a good buy. Any additional comments on this rifle would be greatly appreciated. I realize non adjustable triggers are fairly heavy these days, mostly for liability reasons; but I also realize depending on the manuf. that various firearms trigger weights can vary considerably. Can I expect 3.5, 4.5, or 5+? Thanks in advance, David I.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Out of the box triggers vary from 3½-7lbs, with most in the 4-5lb range, trigger jobs are easy to do if you're not afraid to take things apart, there are links to trigger hone instructions in the H&R Forum at GBO, The BC is a great rifle, I have 4 of them, a 38-55 Target, 405 Winchester Target, 45-70 and a 45-120-3¼ Sharps straight, plus a CR45LC Carbine.

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php/board,126.0.html

·
Registered
354 Posts
WT is right there I have three the 45-70 is 5lbs the 38-55 and 45lc right around 4.5.........

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Wrongtarget and purpledragon for the quick replies and very useful info. It looks like I probably won't have to do a "real trigger job", hopefully just a mild honing......it will depend on if the one I purchase is above or below 5 lbs. I personaly don't like anything over 4.5, I really like 3 or 3.5 for general use.....I think it's a good safe compromise, especially for hunting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts