Shooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I get some experienced input from someone?

From the Cheaper Than Dirt's info files:

AMERICAN DOUBLE ACTION FIRST MODEL, (BLACK POWDER) Get Current Values
- .32, .38, or .44 cal., 5 (.38 or .44) or 6 (.32 cal.) shot, 2½, 4½, or 6 in. barrel, nickel finish standard, blue finish considered rare, pull pin cylinder release, marked on top strap "AMERICAN DOUBLE ACTION", first variation has round barrel and nickel trigger guard (1884-1887), second variation has octagon barrel and nickel trigger guard (1888-1897), third variation has octagon barrel , blue trigger guard and company name and address on left side of barrel (1898-1904). Mfg. 1884-1904.

To the best of all my research, I have a good working conditions H&R Young America .32 1.5" 5 Shot Revolver that I have cleaned up. Traded a guy for some of my wood working... My version is actually blued not nickel but fits right into the description of the 2nd variation of the 1st model.

From the info I have digested from many different sources I should be using BLACK POWDER .32 S&W short rounds. While I can find pre-loaded rounds and/or components to load my own, does anyone see an issue if I use my .32 ACP brass and load them w/ the black powder and LRN as if they were S&W brass?

In short I have tried it... w/ safety methods in place.... Understanding the differences in the size specs for the brass, the ACP brass seat and fits the chamber fine, fire fine but ~ 1/2 of them are bit tight to pull out once fired - but not at all excessive.

Also, what about using a very light load of smokless powder vs. the black powder?

Any ideas of value?

Thanks!

Thanks!!

Attachments

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,660 Posts
Please don't double post. Thread locked. If you need the original thread moved, feel free to ask and one of the mods will get it it as soon as they can.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.