Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many times on an ad for C & R firearms it will give you an option for "hand pick". Is this really a serious attempt on the sellers part to look for an exceptional gun or just another way to squeeze $10.00 out of you. Some how I feel like there is some 18 year old in the stock room who just picks up the next item, puts it in a box and ships it out. What are your thoughts?? :confused:

·
Registered
13,290 Posts
Welcome to ShootersForum, Xring3. Rules are to be nice and join in.

I've paid the extra $$ to get a hand picked model and while I can't say the one gun I did this for was exceptional, I like to think it was worth it. Most of the folks selling these old guns know what they're looking at and even if they don't give you the pick of the litter, that money just might help you avoid a real beat up gun. If nothing else, I "feel" like I got a better firearm for paying a little extra, so from that perspective alone, I think it was money well-spent.

·
Banned
2,380 Posts
the only way to know that ,would be to see the all the guns.. id probably give the exstra ,just so i could possibly get to send it back if it was real bad.. i think its a crap shoot either way..jmo

·
Banned
605 Posts
I've picked Stock blanks this way and have never been disappointed. However, they would send me digital pics of ones they'd chosen and let me choose. On a C&R firearm I'm sure they have a certain amount set aside that are above the rest in quality or appearance. The extra $10 or so gets you one of those. They want to sell you a weapon but more than that, they want you to come back again for more. I still believe that most dealers are honest people and truly want to please their customer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts