Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thumbs up? Whats that mean? Think about it, visualize it. A fist, four fingers cluthed tightly together, a thumb pointing straight up, a strong arm behind it and a confident set of eyes looking directly at you by the thumbs upper. Whats it mean? Good job, way to go, I approve of something you have done and want you to know it? Yes. Thats true, but lets think about it a little more. A fist, four fingers clutched tightly together. This is mine, I earned it, I payed dearly for it with my hard work, my commitment and dilligence to my efforts. It was not given to me and I am not going to let you have what I have earned for free. This is what it clutched inside my fist. What we have worked for, payed for in blood, sweat and tears. What countless soldiers, policemen and firemen have given thier lives for.
Four fingers. It takes four fingers to make a fist, right? Along with a thumb? Well get to the thumb in a minute. Heres four fingers for you.
First finger.How about the right to earn a living any way you choose? Pretty simple, we dont care what yo do, just get a job and earn your keep. How hard is that? And yet, how many are living off the welfare system, that could be working and earning thier keep? Get a job. Take care of yourself and your family. I tend to my family, my house, and my buisness, its not my job to tend to yours as well. Im all for giving a hand up, but Im not to keen on a hand out. Be responsible, dont bite off more than you can chew.
Second finger. Constitutional rights. We have the right to free speech, but that doesnt mean we curse with every other word and say nothing but bad about each other. Think and speak positively. Just because you have the RIGHT to say something bad, mean, or hurtful, doesnt mean you should. The right to bear arms? ABSOLUTLY! Does that mean that every single person is deserving and capable of ownig/using/carrying a firearm? ABSOLUTLY NOT! If you are going to own a firearm, make **** sure you know how and when and why to use it. No exceptions. Be responsible for your actions, and think of how they will affect others before you act.
Third finger. Immigration. Are you from a forign country? Can you find a brighter future in America? Great! Become an American. Learn the language and speak only it. Pay your taxes. Raise your children and instill upon them the need to make this country their home, to improve upon it, fix it up, make it better. Not hold out a hand for a freebie because you are of a different nationality. I earn my keep, you can to. I didnt ask you to come here, I didnt create your children or your debt, why should I pay for them? Like I said, Im all for a hand up, but not much on hand outs.
Fourth finger. Leadership. Lead by example. Give those around you a reason to want to be like you. Show them that their really are rewards for working hard and that good things come to those who earn them. And that it means a lot more when you earn something, than when something is given to you.
The thumb. This nation was founded on Christain beliefs. One nation, One God. If you want to practice a different religion, Ill pray for you, but you can do it at home. I want my kids to go to school, and recite the Pledge of Allegance. I want my kids to say a prayer at lunch. This is a Christain country, if you dont like that leave. Ill pray for you, because I believe thier is a Heavanly Father, so did my forefathers. So did all of the founding fathers of this country.
Remember, just a simple thumbs up right? Not to me. Everything I hold sacred is inside that fist. It will take a lot to take it from me. The thumb? Its pointed to heaven, because my God is watching. I hope I can meet his expectations. I hope you all can as well. The steady eyes? You bet I say what I mean, and mean what I say. Their is no bluff here, and you better believe if I tell you something, I mean it. This is what this country was founded on. This is what this country is made of. Hard working, self preserving folks who take care of themselves. Who are willing to lend a hand to someone in need, but know that everyone should try to earn their keep. This weekend we celebrate our Independance Day. Can you imagine the courage it took for our founding fathers to stand up for what they believed in? To draw a line in the sand, and say theyd had enough? Next time you see someone doing something good, something that portrays the American dream, the American ideal, give 'em a thumbs up. Someone that works hard, earns their keep, takes care of their kids and provides a good role model, give 'em a thumbs up. Next time you see someone on the road with an NRA sticker in the back window, give 'em a thumbs up. Heck, next time you see someone and they smile and wave for no apparent reason, give 'em a thumbs up. Laughter and happiness are contagious, lets spread it around. Lets get this country back to where it should be. This is a place worth fighting for. It is too great of a country to let it fail. Lets keep the USA on her feet. Lets take pride in being Americans.
I hope that you all have a great weekend. But as we celebrate our Independence, remember what it took to achieve that independance. The sacrifices given by so many. Dont ever take that for granted, and strive to live in the image that our founding fathers dreamed of when this country was created. Strive to live up to thier expectatons. Lets all try to improve on what we love and cherish.
God bless America,
MattM
I pledge allegiance, to the flag, of the United States of America, and to the Republic, for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

·
Registered
13,141 Posts
Happy Fourth of July everyone...a good day to remember why we are all encouraged to keep our powder dry!

A special salute to all of those service men and women defending our country, and freedom itself, around the world.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Good article Matt, I couldn't have said it better. I really ppreciate your last line, The pledge of allegiance means a lot to me, and I am a little disappointed in people who won't say it or who are afraid to say it for fear of not being politicaly correct. I am proud of our great country and those great men who took the time to write our Constitution and to fight for our indipendance. When I see a man or woman in uniform, I am proud of them and what they stand for, and I salute them for their dedication to our freedom.

We all owe our liberty to those with the courage to fight for it.

Kate Smith's Theme song said a lot. "GOD BLESS AERICA"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.