Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a small note to wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving.

May you all be blessed with family and friends, and a bountiful meal.
Please remember thos less fortunate, and please, please remember our service men and women, sacrificing for our great nation.

Enjoy your day, and remember to save a little room on the couch after the meal for the dog.;)

Chris~

·
Premium Member
2,773 Posts
Same to all, Happy Thanksgiving.
We are a hunting family so after dinner and watching the Cowboys screw up another game, the guys are usually in my office fondling rifles and telling old hunting stories. In the morning, Friday, I'll head to the hunting lease and maybe kill a doe or hog since the weather is finally cold. I like to wait until I can hang the meat for a while instead of battling mosquitos and flies and more heat.
Best to all!

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I spent two Thanksgivings deployed in the last decade. When you dig into your great meal today or collaspe onto the couch to watch football, remember that we have thousands of young men and women standing post on remote FOBs, or gathering in KBR chow halls or MWR pre fab buildings eating something a lot less tasty than you are, or watching on cold folding chairs whatever game AFN (Armed Forces Network) has on. They are serving (like their fathers and grandfathers before) so you can eat in peace with your family. Some of them won't come home. What we have here in America doesn't come free. We are not entitled to it. We must fight to keep it and it sucks sometimes. Do not forget those men and women out there.

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,267 Posts
May all of you have a very blessed day with lots of friends and family close by.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Last Saturday morning, at 0325, I lost my 47 year old wife, friend and soulmate. Today, we begin the first visitation - the first step on Kathy's last earthly journey. Kathy died following a decade long battle with Cancer and while her last weeks were filled with torture and agony, she faced them with dignity and without complaint. I am thankful that she did not suffer longer. I am thankful for the fortitude and companionship of our 23 year old daughter, Meghann. I am thankful for the hundreds-upon-hundreds of cards, flowers and visitors she had in her last month.

Be thankful, not for the material things, but, rather for the love of family and friends. Be thankful that God has granted you these gifts. Hold them close to you, for it is they that are, truly, your and God's treasures.

May each and every one of you have a blessed Thanksgiving and may you say a little prayer of thanks for those in harm's way who serve to protect and defend.

·
Registered
84 Posts
JPaulF, may the Creator shine on you & yours! Our prayers are with ya`ll. I also give THANKS to ALL who allowed me to enjoy the pleasures of this life, and there have been many! Have a good holiday, and I hope the dog will let me on the couch!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts