Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My order for the S&W 460V has been approved, so I am going to start collecting reloading components so I'm ready to begin loading and shooting when I get home. I like using hardcasts in my 450 Marlin, and figured since the velocity range is very close I would like to use them for the 460 as well. I was hoping to be able to use the same bullets, but my research has taught me that the 450 Marlin bullets are .458 and the 460 S&W likes .452. Can anyone recommend a good source for hardcasts for the 460 in the 300-400 grain range that can handle around 1800 FPS? Thanks in advance for the info!

Edit: I just checked the beartooth selection and there are cast bullets listed there up to 405 gr. for 45 LC/454 Casull. Would they work okay for the increased velocity of the 460 S&W?

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
37,098 Posts
As far as I know Marshall uses the same alloy for rifle and handgun bullets, and I have put his bullets through deer and pigs at over 2,000fps from a rifle.

The 300gr. WFNGC will go through both shoulders of a bison, from a .45 colt revolver.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike, that's enough of a sales pitch for me! I'll go ahead and order some here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts