Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm guessing this is the appropriate forum for commenting on shooting accessories...

Just got the Harris Ultralight bipod I ordered from Cabelas. SA-WEET! Everthing I had hoped for. Well made, fits and works as advertised and light as a feather. A bit pricey for my budget, but ya gets what ya pays for, and IMHO, it was money well spent.

I got it primarily for my Savage in .17HMR but it'll snap right onto anything with a sling swivel.

I have plans for that varmint that's been leaving tracks around my chicken coop...

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,914 Posts
Moved to the Rifles and Rifle Cartridges forum for you Pfoxy - kdub

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Got Several

Don't know what the "Ultralight" model is but I got four of the older models and one 9-13" swiveling model with a Pod-Loc installed. If you haven't already, check out the Pod-Loc. They make a Harris even better and easy to use.

Got the first one back in '82 for walking the train tracks(Canadian-Pacific) that wound it's way thru the rural(at the time)areas of Gray/New Gloucester. Since then found the need for a smaller size and picked up several more at "good deal" prices at gun shows and flea markets.

Funny, now that the patent has expired,everybody is making them, and for the most part,they all look like the original Harris. But......from what I have seen the Harris is still the best. ------pruhdlr

·
Registered
610 Posts
It's hard to beat the Harris bi-pods, I have had three of them. All of them were well worth the money. Sold two because I can only use one at a time.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Scratching my head

I'm still trying to figure out why I have a bi-pod. I'm sure they are handy in certain situations but I haven't discovered them yet. It looks great on the rifle but I always end up removing them when I actually use the rifle. I did however use it at the range one day off the bench but only because I had forgotten the bench rest.:confused:

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I cant find any difference in the Shooters Ridge bipods and a Harris, and that is looking at them side by side. One is $30 one is $100.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts