Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for advice on earmuffs that allow normal conversation but block out the noise of gunfire. There are a lot of electronic ones and I honestly don't know where to begin. Please, advice is appreciated.
Thanks

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,796 Posts
Look at the 2nd "Sticky" above your post titled "hearing protection" for a wealth of info.

·
Super Moderator
3,773 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

Glad to see you here. There are many folks on this site that will be glad to assist you. All the best...
Gil

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,249 Posts
Welcome. I have five pair of Howard Leight amplified hearing protectors if that means anything. I wear them while hunting to amplify sounds as well as protect my hearing when I shoot.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I have a pair of electronic hearing protection, don't recall the brand. I picked one that was middle of the road on price and have been very happy with them. They definitely amplify the sounds around and work like a charm when shooting. I wear mine hunting as well, because I am in a northern clime, and they keep my ears warm.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have two pair of Peltor, My first pair is over 25 years old and so far still works fine. the foam deteriorated and fell off the mics but still works ok. New pair is high end and are also great. Have another pair of walkers and they work as advertised.
Why three pair? One in gun bag-one on bedside table and one by my easy chair in tv room.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts