Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
The 285 TSX and the new 265 grain TTSX bullet were designed for te 338 Laupa capacity type cartridges aS higher BC long range bullet. IMHO they missed the mark with the 285 TSX the BC s not high enough. The new 265 TTS ha a higher BC of about .680 or .690 and is the one that I am interesterd in

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
When shooting the Barnes bullets i always go with the lighter weight bullets to pick up some velocity. Even the lightest weight bullet will give you a complete pass through. If your looking for long range balistics a traditional target bullet would be a better choice.

·
Inactive
654 Posts
I saw that one also. I would think you would stabilize it fine in your Ruger. If you can get 2500 outta them, that would be a smasher of a load. Swift also has some 275's along with Kodiak and Hawk. I think you are going to have some fun with those loads. I would also check out RL22 with the heavier bullets. I have had good luck with it so far. I bought a can of IMR7828 which probably would be just about as good also. I put a couple of my beginning targets below.

The flyer in group two at 2600 was more than likely me. I wasn't shooting for extreme accuracy, as I would shoot, check the chrono, record the data, cycle the bolt, sight in and shoot again. I think I could have done better with more time between shots, but I wanted to see what I got for speeds to see if it was worth messing around. My loads were 70-71-72gr of RL22 seated to 3.34, CCI250 primers and WW cases. I am pretty happy with that I got. I will shoot it further out next time to see how they hold up at range. Scotty

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.